Construction Schedule & Traffic Updates: Y-B-Y
Construction scheduling and traffic updates for the project can be found here.
|Widen Harbour Street to 4 lanes along with streetscape improvements||July – January 2018|
|Y-B-Y Ramp Opening||January 29, 2018|
|Streetscaping improvements and installation of multi-use trail||Spring 2018|
Drivers, pedestrians and cyclists please be aware and obey the new traffic movements, signs and signals along Harbour Street
What to expect when driving
- Motorists will no longer be able to access Lake Shore Blvd from the Spadina off-ramp; the access gate will close when the new, York-Bay-Yonge off-ramp opens.
Lower Simcoe Street and Harbour Street
York Street and Harbour Street
Bay Street and Harbour Street
What to expect when walking or cycling
- A temporary, paved sidewalk will be available on the south-side of Harbour Street to allow east-west movement
- A temporary, paved sidewalk will be added to the east-side of York Street between Queens Quay and Harbour Street to allow north-south movement
The permanent sidewalks will be installed by Summer 2018. Temporary sidewalk closures will be required for this work to be completed.
- Cyclists have access to the multi-use trail on Queens Quay to access Lower Simcoe Street and Bay Street
- A dedicated bike box for cyclists has been added on Bay Street for cyclists
The multi-use trail from Rees Street to Bay Street, along the south side of Harbour Street will open in Summer 2018