Oakwood Neighbourhood Cycling Connections
Cycling is one of the fastest growing transportation modes in Toronto. The City is working to make travel by bike safer and more inviting.
The City of Toronto is proposing to install cycling infrastructure in the Oakwood neighbourhood. The proposed cycling routes include:
- Northbound bike lane on Vaughan Road from Oakwood Avenue to Northcliffe Boulevard
- Southbound shared lane on Vaughan Road from Oakwood Avenue to Northcliffe Boulevard
- Shared lanes on Vaughan Road from Northcliffe Boulevard to the west limit
- A contraflow bike lane and shared lane on Northcliffe Boulevard from Rogers Road to Vaughan Road
Public Drop-in Event
- Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Oakwood Village Library and Arts Centre, 341 Oakwood Avenue
View the drop-in event notice.
At this public drop-in event, attendees will have an opportunity to:
- View the draft designs for the proposed cycling infrastructure
- Ask questions and speak to City of Toronto staff
- Provide feedback on the proposed designs
All information materials will be posted on the project website on the day of the event
Ten Year Cycling Network Plan
On June 9, 2016, Toronto City Council approved the Ten Year Cycling Network Plan for connecting, growing, and renewing Toronto’s Cycling Network. The Cycling Network Plan outlines investments in cycling infrastructure from 2016 to 2025, and builds on the City’s existing network of cycling routes to:
- Connect gaps in the cycling network
- Grow the cycling network into new parts of the city
- Improve the quality of existing cycling network routes
Public consultation identified safety and connectivity as the highest priorities by stakeholders and the general public.
The new cycling infrastructure is designed to provide a dedicated space for cyclists, improving safety and comfort for all road users. The bike lanes will expand the local cycling network by providing improved connections to the existing bike lane on Rogers Road and the future cycle tracks on Eglinton Avenue.