Autobody Refinishing and Collision Repair – ChemTRAC Reporting
Use the following assessment process for ChemTRAC reporting on business activities in this sector.
|You May Be Required to Report||You Are Not Required to Report|
|If your facility is located in Toronto
You do one or more of the following activities:
(—- Do the Calculation —-)
|If your facility is NOT located in Toronto
You only do one or more of the following activities:
The documents below are available by contacting: email@example.com or 416-338-7600.
Review the processes below and click on the related calculators. If you use more than one calculator, use the “Calculation of Totals” to add up the use and release amounts.
- If you have used more than 150 L (40 gallons) of paint products and cleaners per year, then you may have reached the threshold for VOCs.
- If you have used more than 125,000 cubic meters of natural gas per year to provide heat for your processes, then you may have reached the threshold for NOx.
||Guide (PDF) for Autobody Refinishing calculator|
|Dust Collecting (if you have one or more dust collector)||
|Painting or using chemicals that contain VOCs||
||Guide (PDF) for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) calculator|
|If you use 2 or more calculators||
Keep the following records and supporting document for 5 years, including:
– Calculation files
– Summary of the amount of paint products, cleaning, degreasing materials or other chemicals that contain VOCs along with their MSDS for the reporting year
– Summary of electrode types and the weight of each electrode you used for the reporting year
– The monthly summary of natural gas used for the reporting year, if you used natural gas for any process heat
– Confirmation page that you printed after submitting your report (see step 4)
Compare the results (from the categories in the Output Summary table of the calculators) with the thresholds
|Volatile organic compounds total (VOCs)||Paint products, cleaning solvents, other chemicals that contain
|100||Released to Air|
|Particulate matter (PM2.5)||Sanding and preparation station||30||Released to Air|
|Nitrogen oxides (NOx)||Natural gas fired boilers if you have used to provide heat
for your processes
|NAICS Code||NAICS Description|
|811111||General Automotive Repair|
|811112||Automotive Exhaust System Repair|
|811121||Automotive Body, Paint & Interior Repair and Maintenance|
|811119||Other Automotive Mechanical & Electrical Repair and Maintenance|
|811122||Automotive Glass Replacement Shops|
|811199||All Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance|