Breastfeeding E-Learning Modules
The Breastfeeding Protocols for Health Care Providers (2013) are intended for use by health care providers to promote, protect and support effective breastfeeding for the families of healthy term infants. As such, the protocols can be viewed as a foundational document for health care providers who provide breastfeeding support services.
Toronto Public Health has also developed e-learning modules based on the protocols. The modules are intended to support health care professionals and organizations in accessing education for the provision of evidence-based breastfeeding services and the creation of a Baby-Friendly environment.
E-Learning modules FAQ’s:
- There are a total of 13 e-learning modules posted in the form of on-line quizzes.
- Module questions are based on the Breastfeeding Protocols for Health Care Providers.
- The questions are in either a multiple choice or true-false format.
- Each on-line quiz is based on the content of two (2) protocols.
- Relevant protocols are posted with each e-learning module as “required reading” to facilitate review of information prior to completing the quiz.
- Each e-learning module will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes to complete. This includes review of the required reading and completion of the quiz.
- Each on-line quiz must be completed in one sitting.
- Once an e-learning module is completed, answers can be obtained and a certificate of completion can be printed.
Note: Each individual on-line quiz must be completed in one sitting.
Required Readings (PDF documents):