Castleview Wychwood Towers
Castleview Wychwood Towers provides individualized care to each of its 456 residents within a safe and friendly environment. Guided by the CARE values – Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Excellence, we are committed to improving quality of life and support for healthy aging.
Centrally located in Toronto and convenient to public transit and shopping, the home features:
- semi-private accommodation (two residents per room) for 80 residents on each of five resident home areas
- secure unit for 37 residents who are at risk of wandering
- unit for 20 cognitively alert younger adults aged 19-64 who need long-term care
- all units have centrally located washrooms and dining room, servery and lounge areas
- private family room that can be reserved free of charge for private family gatherings
- Auditorium, Worship Centre, Rehabilitation Room, Library, Computer Room, Hair Salon, and a volunteer-run Tuck Shop on the main floor.
Castleview Wychwood Towers offers the following specialized services:
- Behavioural Support Programs
- Short-stay Respite
- Young Adult Care
- Convalescent Care
We have a respected and high level of knowledge and effectiveness in dementia care, and welcomes applications from individuals with Alzheimer disease or related dementia.
Behavioural Support Programs
As recognized leaders in behavioural support programs, we have a long history of demonstrated knowledge of dementia, delirium and mental health in the delivery of care.
Staff and medical professionals are knowledgeable in the most prevalent types and related causes of behavioural issues, understand disease processes, stages and progression, diagnostic and assessment process, cognitive or neurological symptoms, treatment interventions, appropriate communication to address resident needs, strategies to promote optimal quality of life and experience of the behaviour(s) from the perspective of the resident, family members and other partners in care.
City of Toronto long-term care homes have behavioural support programs at Bendale Acres, Castleview Wychwood Towers, Fudger House, Kipling Acres, Seven Oaks, and Wesburn Manor. Cummer Lodge has a Ministry-designated 16-bed Behavioural Support Unit which receives enhanced funding.
The short-stay admission program supports families seeking respite from the caregiver role for a period of up to 60 continuous days to a maximum of 90 days per year.
Convalescent Care is a short-term, physical rehabilitation program to help individuals return to independent living. Services include:
- Specialized medical and rehabilitation therapeutic support
- An individual care plan to help you regain your strength and independence
- Guidance for your family and caregivers to best support you when you return home.
Our inter-professional care team includes doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants, dietitians, social workers and members of the spiritual and religious care community. They will work with you to make sure you get the services you need, when you need them. Quality health and person-centred care will be provided in your room to allow for privacy, rest and comfort. Your care needs will determine your length of stay. The annual, maximum stay time is 90 days.
- Asmoke-free environment
- Serves a multi-cultural resident population including:
- Japanese-Canadian, and Korean communities within the home
- diversity of residents with Asian and European, particularly Portuguese and Hungarian.
Families are an integral part in helping make the best decisions for their family member. We offer many opportunities for families to be involved:
- Resident care conferences
- Family Council
- Satisfaction surveys
- Volunteer services.
- We partner with a number of organizations to enhance the care and services provided to the residents including local hospitals, religious and cultural groups including a large group of diverse volunteers.
Take a Virtual Tour
If interested in a guided personal tour, please call 416-397-5200