Seven Oaks provides individualized care to each of its 249 residents within a safe and friendly environment. Guided by the CARE values – Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Excellence, we are committed to improving quality of life and support for healthy aging. To learn more, watch the Commitment to Care video.
Built in 1988, the name Seven Oaks was originally the name given to the farm located at Military Trail and Ellesmere Road. Over time, the Scarborough area between Ellesmere and Highway 401 became known as Seven Oaks.
Seven Oaks offers the following specialized services:
- Behavioural Support Programs
- Short-Stay Respite
- Convalescent Care
- Young Adult Care
Behavioural Support Programs
As recognized leaders in behavioural support programs, we have a long history of demonstrated knowledge of dementia, delirium and mental health in the delivery of care.
Staff and medical professionals are knowledgeable in the most prevalent types and related causes of behavioural issues, understand disease processes, stages and progression, diagnostic and assessment process, cognitive or neurological symptoms, treatment interventions, appropriate communication to address resident needs, strategies to promote optimal quality of life and experience of the behaviour(s) from the perspective of the resident, family members and other partners in care.
The short-stay admission program supports families seeking respite from the caregiver role for a period of up to 60 continuous days to a maximum of 90 days per year.
Convalescent care is a short-term, physical rehabilitation program to help individuals return to independent living. Services include:
- Specialized medical and rehabilitation therapeutic support
- An individual care plan to help you regain your strength and independence
- Guidance for your family and caregivers to best support you when you return home.
Our inter-professional care team includes doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants, dietitians, social workers and members of the spiritual and religious care community. They will work with you to make sure you get the services you need, when you need them. Quality health and person-centred care will be provided in your room to allow for privacy, rest and comfort. Your care needs will determine your length of stay. The annual, maximum stay time is 90 days.
Young Adult Care
Younger adults, aged 19 to 65 years have been calling Seven Oaks home since 2004. Based on a social model of care, the program is assisted and enhanced by many community based partners.
Other Services & Amenities
- An on-site child care centre offers unique opportunities for inter-generational programming, and the presence of children is a welcome one for many residents.
Families are an integral part in helping make the best decisions for their family member. We offer many opportunities for families to be involved:
- Resident care conferences
- Family Council
- Satisfaction surveys
- Volunteer services.
Connecting with Our Community
- A dedicated team of volunteers provides a critical link to the community for residents at Seven Oaks. We are particularly supported by the Armenian and Tamil communities.
- Community partners including the Rouge Valley Health System Centenary Site, the Central East Local Health Integration Network, and West Hill Support Services share a commitment to promoting independence and quality of life for residents.
Take a Virtual Tour
If interested in a guided personal tour, please call 416-392-3500