Wesburn Manor provides individualized care to each of its 192 residents within a safe and friendly environment. Guided by the CARE values – Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Excellence, we are committed to improving quality of life and support for healthy aging. To learn more, watch the Commitment to Care video.
Wesburn Manor is one of 10 City-operated long-term care homes.
Opened in 2003 in south Etobicoke, the home features:
- Six resident home areas, each with 32-beds
- Small units are designed to provide residents with a strong feeling of comfort, familiarity and security each with its own dining room, lounge and activity areas
- Residents on the 2nd floor have access to a rooftop garden
- Residents on the 3rd and 4th floors can enjoy balconies
- Main floor “Town Square” welcomes residents, families and friends to sit by the fireplace or have refreshments in the café
- Gift Shop, Hair Salon, Activity Room, Worship Centre, Volunteer Office and Community Meeting Room are also on the Main Floor
Wesburn Manor offers the following specialized services:
- Behavioural Support Programs
- Short-Stay Respite
Behavioural Support Programs
As recognized leaders in behavioural support programs, we have a long history of demonstrated knowledge of dementia, delirium and mental health in the delivery of care.
Staff and medical professionals are knowledgeable in the most prevalent types and related causes of behavioural issues, understand disease processes, stages and progression, diagnostic and assessment process, cognitive or neurological symptoms, treatment interventions, appropriate communication to address resident needs, strategies to promote optimal quality of life and experience of the behaviour(s) from the perspective of the resident, family members and other partners in care.
The short-stay admission program supports families seeking respite from the caregiver role for a period of up to 60 continuous days to a maximum of 90 days per year.
- Resident satisfaction is a priority and we encourage each resident to maintain or improve their capabilities, to maximize independence and quality of life
- We believe that one of our most valuable attributes is offering peace of mind to residents and their families that care is available when needed, and that each individual’s health and well-being are at the forefront of everything we do.
Families are an integral part in helping make the best decisions for their family member. We offer many opportunities for families to be involved:
- Resident care conferences
- Family Council
- Satisfaction surveys
- Volunteer services
- Volunteers are a vital community link for our residents. An active team of volunteers takes part in many activities to enhance our resident’s quality of life
- We maintain many partnerships with the community, including regular liaison with other homes, educational institutions, hospitals, churches, police/fire services and government services
- Community agencies and service providers visit Wesburn Manor to ensure that residents have access to services such as dental care and foot care.
Take a Virtual Tour
If interested in a guided personal tour, please call 416-394-3600