Register now for fall recreation programs.
Over 10,000 programs are on offer to allow Torontonians of all ages and abilities to try an activity, develop a talent and stay moving this fall. Learn how to search or register for recreation programs
Many fall recreation programs are adapted to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities. To ensure a safe, enjoyable and rewarding experience, classes are smaller, additional assistance is provided and sometimes adaptive equipment is used. To access Adapted and Inclusive Services (AIS) you need an AIS membership.
Accessible Recreation programs include:
- Adapted Arts: dance, making music, urban arts
- Adapted Aquatics
- Adapted Clubs
- Adapted Dance
- Adapted Fitness
- Adapted General Interest: Active 8, cooking, games, gardening
- Adapted Holiday CampTO
- Adapted Sports: basketball, boccia multi-sport, sitting volleyball
- Adapted Swim
- Virtual Adapted Programs: Active 8, arts and crafts, bingo, board games, chair yoga, family Zumba, science
Arts and Heritage
Learn a new craft or improve your existing creative skills with our Arts and Heritage programs. Our qualified staff will teach you the technical skills to take your talent to the next level. Weekly group classes and workshops are available.
- Visual Arts and Crafts: acrylic painting, art club, cartooning, ceramics, clay, colouring, crafty creations, crochet, decoupage, drawing, drawing and painting, henna, jewellery making, knitting, mixed media painting, multi arts, oil painting, painting, paint night, photography, pottery, rug hooking, sculpture, sewing, watercolour painting, wood burning, wood carving, young artist
- Dance: Argentine tango, ballet, ballroom, basics, belly dance, Bollywood, breakdance, Caribbean, clogging, contemporary, creative movement, fusion, Hawaiian, hip hop, jazz, K-pop, Latin, line dance, lyrical, modern, musical theatre, salsa, social, tap, urban
- Music: African drumming, drumming, guitar, keyboard, orchestra discovery, piano, making music, singing
- Performing Arts: creative writing, drama, musical theatre, puppet playhouse
- Workshops: beaded holiday ornaments, dream journal and meditation, jewellery making, macrame wall hanging, melt and pour soap making, paint night, still life drawing
Drop-in programs are available for many ages and interests. Most are free and require no registration. Browse programs by category using the Drop-in Programs List or search by location using the Drop-in Programs Map.
Drop-in programs include:
- Arts and Heritage
- Cards and Games
- Computer Lab
- Fitness and Wellness*: cardio, conditioning, walking/running tracks, weight rooms
- Floor Curling
- Floor Hockey
- Play Mobile
- Racquet and paddle: badminton, pickleball, table tennis, tennis
- Rock wall climbing
- Skating: hockey and shinny, leisure skate, women’s hockey and shinny
- Swimming: Aquafit*, lane swim*, leisure swim
- Wheelchair Basketball
- Youth Space: free youth-centric programs such as photography, cooking, dance, DJing, movie time, music engineering and more
Fitness and Wellness
Get your heart rate up, achieve a great workout and have fun at our indoor and outdoor group fitness and wellness programs. A range of drop-in sessions and registered classes are available throughout the week to meet your needs.
- Cardio: cardio Bollywood, cardio dance, cardio high/low, cardio HIIT, cardio Hip Hop, cardio kickboxing, cardio rebounder, cardio and sculpt
- Cardio Dance: Zumba, Zumba gold, Zumba toning
- Muscle Conditioning: body sculpt, gentle fit, stretch and strength, walk fit, weight training
- Outdoor fitness: boot camp, stretch and tone, stroller fit, Tai Chi, walk fit, yoga
- Pilates: beginner, intermediate
- Tai Chi: beginner, intermediate, Qigong
- Yoga: beginner, caregiver and baby, chair, family, intermediate, meditation, power, yoga/Pilates fusion
Learn timeless life skills and classic games in our general interest programs. From cooking classes to playing chess, there’s something for everyone to try out.
- Babysitting course
- Cards and games
- Computers: web design, video game design, coding
- Creative writing
- Languages: French and Spanish
- Special events: fall harvest and costume party, Halloween craft and spooky treats, Halloween party, haunted hike, holiday decoration making, holiday party
- Youth Council
Holiday CampTO is a winter-friendly camp experience that offers outdoor and physical activities, active and quiet games, arts and crafts and nature-based activities. It is available at 15 locations across the city and starts on December 27, January 2 or January 3, to align with the winter school break. Children ages four to 12 years are welcome.
Adapted Holiday CampTO offers a safe, enjoyable and rewarding camp experience for individuals with disabilities, ages six to 24.
Children and adults can achieve their skating goals in our friendly and safe indoor classes.
Learn a new sport or improve your game with our wide range of sports programs. Join us for recreational play or instructional lessons.
We offer swimming classes for children, youth and adults, at many levels. Participants will be able to improve their swimming skills, get out of their comfort zone and increase their knowledge of water safety. Our instructors ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
Some programs require a caregiver in the water to participate.
Limited virtual recreation classes are on offer for fall.
Virtual programs include:
- Virtual Adapted Programs: Active 8, arts and crafts, bingo, board games, chair yoga, family Zumba, science Virtual arts: crafty creations, paint night
- Virtual Active8
Visit E-Updates to sign up for our Recreation eNewsletter and receive updates and information about recreation programs, services, and upcoming events in Parks, Forestry and Recreation.