Sales Using a Push Cart
Hawkers/pedlars with push cart are mobile salespeople who sell a variety of goods from a cart.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations.
Apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave., 3rd floor.
Original documents are required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport (photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- valid Work Permit
Note: first and last names must match on all identification. We do not accept Health Cards
Corporations and partnerships require the following in order to apply:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
- a partnership agreement
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation is unable to apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead;
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves; and
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification
Applicants must provide an original criminal record/background check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
Note: a criminal record/background check is required for all corporate officers and directors.
A photo of the applicant will be taken at the Licence and Permit Issuance Office.
A photo of the cart along with a sketch showing the cart’s dimensions
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $798.11.
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.