A Notice of Hearing and a copy of the report will be sent to you for your reference from the Toronto Licensing Tribunal (TLT). You are encouraged to read this report, which contains the facts and sections of the bylaw upon which Municipal Licensing & Standards (MLS) intends to rely on at the hearing.

Along with the Notice of Hearing, you will receive a copy of a report that contains the facts and sections of the bylaw upon which MLS intends to rely on at the hearing. You should carefully review the entire contents of the report.

At the hearing, explain why you believe you should be issued or permitted to retain a municipal licence.

You may give evidence yourself, you may bring witnesses who have knowledge of relevant facts, and you may bring relevant documents.

Note: Any information submitted before the Tribunal forms part of the Tribunal record and is subject to public disclosure.

Prepare for the hearing by considering any resources, documents, and/or evidence that you will need to support your application.

  • If you have retained a representative (solicitor/paralegal) contact the Toronto Licensing Tribunal with this information.
  • If you require an interpreter in your chosen language, contact the Toronto Licensing Tribunal to arrange for a certified interpreter free of charge.
  • (AODA)
  • Collect all the supporting documents that you believe will help your case and ensure you file them with Toronto Licensing and Tribunal ten (10) days prior to your hearing.
  • Arrange for your witnesses to attend the hearing. Although letters from your witnesses may be taken into account by the Tribunal, it may be more persuasive for your witnesses to attend the hearing to give their testimony in person.
  • Always bring the Notice of Hearing and the MLS report with you to the hearing.

The following are examples of documents that you may provide beforehand or at the hearing, if they are relevant:

  • Dated and signed letters from your current employer or former employers
  • Diplomas and professional certificates
  • Your provincial driver’s licence, criminal and/or bylaw records
  • Character references such as your religious advisor, employer, parole officer, therapist, etc.