What Do I Need to Do to Operate a Food Cart?

  • obtain a non-motorized refreshment vehicle owner licence
  • To sell your food on the sidewalk, obtain a sidewalk vending permit and apply for designated sidewalk locations.

Where Can I Operate?

  • on sidewalks (except wards 20, 27, 28) and private property
  • at least 25 metres from an open and operating restaurant and another sidewalk vendor selling food
  • at least 30 metres from a place of worship or the property line of a school.
  • must not operate in front of a building entrance/exit, name/number, fire hose connection, or display window