Chute Closure Program
This program allows multi-residential buildings that receive City of Toronto collection services to close their garbage chutes. Closing the garbage chute allows buildings to have greater control over the waste stream, save money and reduce contamination. Buildings must meet eligibility criteria and receive approval from the City to close their chute.
To be eligible, buildings must:
- Receive City of Toronto collection service
- Have sufficient space for storage of un-compacted waste containers on the property (if applicable)
- Have sufficient space for storage of recycling containers on the property
- Have ordered, received, distributed and made residents aware of in-unit containers at least six months prior to the initial chute closure application.
- Chute Closure Letter
- Residents Poll
- Sample Letter to Tenants
- Sample Notice for Posting
- Application & Maintenance Guidelines
For further information please contact: