3Rs Ambassador Program
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Ambassadors can tailor programs to suit their building and other residents. The long-term goal is to have at least one 3Rs Ambassador in all apartment, condo and co-op buildings. Becoming a 3Rs Ambassador is a fun way to:
- Help the environment
- Reduce your building’s garbage costs
- Get to know your neighbours
- Help the City reach the waste diversion target of 70 per cent
- Meet people who are passionate about waste management
- Earn volunteer hours (10 hours/month is recommended but not required)
For more information on the program, contact the Program Coordinator:
Volunteers must be:
- 16 years of age or older
- Live in an apartment, condo or co-op in Toronto that receives waste collection service from the City of Toronto
Note: The building manager or superintendent should be made aware of and agree with the Program, as they may need to assist in delivering the education/outreach to residents.
Interested volunteers need to:
- Complete a 10-minute phone interview
- Attend a three-hour training session.
After completing the training session, 3Rs Ambassadors can help their building by:
- Organizing events to help educate residents about the the 3Rs
- Putting up posters or doing a door-to-door outreach campaign
- Setting up lobby displays or information tables
- Holding waste diversion activities or game nights
- Organizing a “reuse-it” craft night or exchange event.
The City will help 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers by:
- Providing free literature, posters, stickers and promotional items
- Training you in effective communication
- Providing information and updates on the waste reduction, reuse and recycling
- Creating opportunities to meet other 3Rs Ambassadors and share knowledge
- Providing assistance with campaign planning, questions or concerns.
New ambassadors must attend three hours of training before commencing activities.
- July 10, 2018 (1:00-4:00 p.m.) North York Civic Centre (Members Lounge), 5100 Yonge St
Contact the Program Coordinator for details.
Green Teams/Environment Committees
Training is available at your building if there are a number of people who would like to become 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers. Please contact the Program Coordinator to arrange.