3Rs Ambassador Program
Ambassadors can tailor programs to suit their building and other residents. The long-term goal is to have at least one 3Rs Ambassador in all apartment, condo and co-op buildings. Becoming a 3Rs Ambassador is a fun way to:
- help the environment
- reduce your building’s garbage costs
- get to know your neighbours
- help the City reach the waste diversion target of 70 per cent
- meet people who are passionate about waste management
- earn volunteer hours (10 hours/month is recommended but not required)
For more information on the program, contact the Program Coordinator:
Who is Eligible?
- be 16 years of age or older
- live in an apartment, condo or co-op in Toronto that receives waste collection service from the City of Toronto
Note: The building manager or superintendent should be made aware of and agree with the Program, as they may need to assist in delivering the education/outreach to residents.
What Do I Need to Do?
Interested volunteers need to:
- complete a 10-minute phone interview
- attend a three-hour training session
After completing the training session, 3Rs Ambassadors can help their building by:
- organizing events to help educate residents about the the 3Rs
- putting up posters or doing a door-to-door outreach campaign
- setting up lobby displays or information tables
- holding waste diversion activities or game nights
- organizing a “reuse-it” craft night or exchange event
How Will the City Support Me?
The City will help 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers by:
- providing free literature, posters, stickers and promotional items
- training you in effective communication
- providing information and updates on the waste reduction, reuse and recycling
- creating opportunities to meet other 3Rs Ambassadors and share knowledge
- providing assistance with campaign planning, questions or concerns.
Upcoming Training Dates
Friday, July 12, 2019
1 – 4 p.m.
North York Civic Centre – Committee Room #1, 5100 Yonge St.
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Metro Hall – Room 310, 55 John St.
For details, please contact the Program Coordinator at 3Rs@toronto.ca or 416-338-1882.
Please note: New Ambassadors must attend three hours of training before commencing activities.
Training for Green Teams/Environment Committees
Training is available at your building if there are a number of people who would like to become 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers. Please contact the Program Coordinator at 3Rs@toronto.ca or 416-338-1882 to arrange.