3Rs Ambassador Program
Ambassadors can tailor programs to suit their building and other residents. The long-term goal is to have at least one 3Rs Ambassador in all apartment, condo and co-op buildings. Becoming a 3Rs Ambassador is a fun way to:
- Help the environment
- Reduce your building’s garbage costs
- Get to know your neighbours
- Help the City reach the waste diversion target of 70 per cent
- Meet people who are passionate about waste management
- Earn volunteer hours (10 hours/month is recommended but not required)
For more information on the program, contact the Program Coordinator:
Volunteers must be:
- 16 years of age or older
- Live in an apartment, condo or co-op in Toronto that receives waste collection service from the City of Toronto
Note: The building manager or superintendent should be made aware of and agree with the Program, as they may need to assist in delivering the education/outreach to residents.
Interested volunteers need to:
- Complete a 10-minute phone interview
- Attend a three-hour training session.
After completing the training session, 3Rs Ambassadors can help their building by:
- Organizing events to help educate residents about the the 3Rs
- Putting up posters or doing a door-to-door outreach campaign
- Setting up lobby displays or information tables
- Holding waste diversion activities or game nights
- Organizing a “reuse-it” craft night or exchange event.
The City will help 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers by:
- Providing free literature, posters, stickers and promotional items
- Training you in effective communication
- Providing information and updates on the waste reduction, reuse and recycling
- Creating opportunities to meet other 3Rs Ambassadors and share knowledge
- Providing assistance with campaign planning, questions or concerns.
New ambassadors must attend 3 hours of training before commencing activities.
- January 17, 2018 (1 – 4 p.m.), City Archives (255 Spadina Ave.)
- February 22, 2018 (4:30 – 7:30 p.m), Toronto City Hall, Committee Room 3
Contact the Program Coordinator for details.
Green Teams/Environment Committees: Training is available at your building if there are a number of people who would like to become 3Rs Ambassador Volunteers. Please contact the Program Coordinator to arrange.