As part of the TTC’s 5-Year Service Plan & 10-Year Outlook the following roadways have been selected for transit priority studies.
- Jane Street, from Eglinton Avenue West to Steeles Avenue West (being studied now)
- Dufferin Street, from Dufferin Gate to Wilson Avenue
- Steeles Avenue West, from Yonge Street to Jane Street
- Finch Avenue East, from Yonge Street to McCowan Road
- Lawrence Avenue East, from Victoria Park to Rouge Hills Drive
They are some of the TTC’s most heavily used bus routes, with nearly a quarter of a million customers travelling on them every weekday (pre-COVID). Additional transit roadways may also be selected – find out more in RapidTO: Bus & Streetcar Priority – Phase 2.
RapidTO: Eglinton East
In 2020, RapidTO: Eglinton East was the first location to receive transit priority solutions that improve service reliability.