For a list of civic centre public spaces available for booking, or guidelines about the use of civic spaces, please see the Civic Centres Booking page.
All new Public Space Booking Account members will be granted a one-time permission to use space. Upon completion of this one-time booking, the account member may apply to renew the account for the remainder of the current term of City Council, for a maximum of up to four years.
An approved Civic Centre Public Space Booking Account does not guarantee a space booking at the civic centres.
Event Organizations with an active and up-to-date Civic Centre Public Space Account are entitled to two (2) advance bookings per year, based on space availability. Should an Event Organization require additional bookings, inquiries will be accepted no earlier than three (3) weeks prior to the booking date of interest.
Approved Public Space Booking Account members, can book a civic public space by contacting 311 Facility Booking:
Please provide the following information in writing when submitting a civic public space booking request to 311 Facility Booking:
- Company letterhead
- The name of your organization
- The primary contact’s name and contact information
- Name of the Civic Centre that you wish to book at (include the room if you know it)
- The date and time you require the space for. Please be sure to include set up and take down of anything you may be bringing in when you book your time.
- The number of people attending
- What the room will be used for (meeting, presentation, display, etc.)
- What type of setup you require (theatre or classroom style)
- Any additional setup requirements (registration table, easel/flip chart, projector and screen). Please note that all additional setup requests are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- (If applicable) Intended fundraising activity, goods/services sold.
- The City may at any time and in its sole discretion request from any applicant or organization additional information relevant to the application or use of the City Civic Centre Public Space, including but not limited to documents, materials and references. The applicant or organization understands that failure to provide information to the City upon request may result in refusal of the application or a delay in the processing of the application.
- Any application for the use of the City Civic Centre Public Space received that is not in compliance with City Policies shall be refused.
- If at any time an organization or an organization’s Displays, signage, information or other activities associated with the use of the City Civic Centre do not comply with any City Policy, including but not limited to the Corporate Facilities Display and Fundraising Policy and the Human Rights and Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policy, the City may at its sole discretion:
- Place a hold on the organization’s ability to book any Civic Centre Public Space, until the organization complies with all City Policies;
- Suspend the organization’s account;
- Refuse any request to book Civic Centre Public Space, until the organization complies with all City Policies; or
- Remove any Displays, signage, information or any materials erected in a Civic Centre Public Space without notice.
- Refuse any request to conduct fundraising or commercial activity.
- The organization agrees that a decision made under sections 1, 2 and 3 are final and shall save and hold harmless the City, its officers, employees, agents, members of Council and the Mayor of any loss or damage associated with a decision made under sections 1, 2 and 3.