Water Efficiency for Business
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Practicing water efficiency makes good business sense. By reducing your water use, you can:
- Lower operating costs – the less water you use, the less you spend on water, wastewater, chemicals and energy
- Enhance your pubic image by demonstrating your commitment to the environment
- Increase your competitiveness by saving money and attracting new loyal customers
Toronto Water offers a number of programs and services to help businesses better manage their water use.
Capacity Buyback Program
Open to commercial and institutional organizations, the Program offers a free water audit and one-time cash rebate.
Industrial Water Rate Program
Open to industrial water customers, the Industrial Water Rate offers a discounted water rate (called the Block 2 rate) to manufacturers that implement a water conservation plan.
Sewer Surcharge Rebate Program
Open to industrial, commercial and institutional water customers, the Program offers a rebate on water not discharged into the sanitary sewer system (i.e. water evaporated from cooling towers or used to make a product).
Toronto Water staff can help your business with:
- Better understanding your water use through:
- water audits
- reviewing your water consumption history
- discussing best management practices
- Sewers By-law requirements, including:
- Mandatory backflow prevention requirements
- Infrastructure needs, such as:
- Water service issues, such as:
- no water or low water pressure
- contingency arrangements so that you’re prepared in the event of a water service disruption