Water Efficiency for Business
Practicing water efficiency makes good business sense. By reducing your water use, you can:
- Lower operating costs – the less water you use, the less you spend on water, wastewater, chemicals and energy
- Enhance your pubic image by demonstrating your commitment to the environment
- Increase your competitiveness by saving money and attracting new loyal customers
Toronto Water offers a number of programs and services to help businesses better manage their water use.
Capacity Buyback Program
Open to commercial and institutional organizations, the Program offers a free water audit and one-time cash rebate.
Industrial Water Rate Program
Open to industrial water customers, the Industrial Water Rate offers a discounted water rate (called the Block 2 rate) to manufacturers that implement a water conservation plan.
Sewer Surcharge Rebate Program
Open to industrial, commercial and institutional water customers, the Program offers a rebate on water not discharged into the sanitary sewer system (i.e. water evaporated from cooling towers or used to make a product).
Toronto Water staff can help your business with:
- Better understanding your water use through:
- water audits
- reviewing your water consumption history
- discussing best management practices
- Sewers By-law requirements, including:
- Mandatory backflow prevention requirements
- Infrastructure needs, such as:
- Water service issues, such as:
- no water or low water pressure
- contingency arrangements so that you’re prepared in the event of a water service disruption