Hire a Contractor for Downspout Disconnection
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Rather than doing it yourself, you may prefer to seek the professional advice and services of a City-licensed contractor to perform the disconnection. If you choose to hire a contractor, be consumer-wise. To ensure the job is completed properly:
- Get at least three quotes.
- Get references from other customers.
- Enter into a written contract.
- Ensure that all work to be done (including site cleanup) is clearly stated in the contract.
- Ensure that the full price of the job is in the contract.
- Agree with your contractor on a payment schedule and include the schedule in the contract.
- Be aware of any contractors who:
- Quote prices before seeing the job.
- Give you a “special price.”
- Offer discounts if they can “use your home to advertise their services.”
Learn more from the Better Business Bureau.