Use the image reproduction request form to order a copy of something that you find in our database but cannot see online (meaning that it has not yet been digitized).
Steps for Ordering Copies of Photographs, Maps, Documents, Etc.
- Select the item(s) that you want to have copied.
- Decide if you want a prints or a digital file. Please consult the copying fees page for prices.
- Submit your order by e-mailing a us completed image reproduction request form. Be sure to include all of the required information, including your complete contact information.
- You will receive an invoice by e-mail allowing you to make a secure electronic payment using AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard.
- Wait for order to be completed. This will take between 10 and 15 business days.
- Archives staff will contact you once your order is ready. Digital TIFF files are delivered electronically using file transfer protocol (ftp).
Publication of Archival Images
Permission is not required to use photographs in the public domain or those for which the City of Toronto holds copyright. There is no charge when you publish one of our images.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- The Archives can provide reproductions of photographs and other archival materials, subject to the Copyright Act. See copyright guidelines for researchers.
- Please include the citation for the item in your publication, exhibit, or web page.
- Images used on a website should not be more than 72 dpi. The long side of the image should not be more than 550 pixels.