If you are pleased with the service being provided or you have a suggestion on how we can improve the care and services you receive, please email the applicable Home Contact, Community Based Programs or Head Office.
For Concerns and Complaints
Long-Term Care Homes
We are committed to providing exemplary care and services. If we do not meet your expectations, we want to know about it so that we can quickly make it right. Our priority is to accomplish this in a supportive and transparent way that ensures there is no fear of reprisal.
- You are welcome to speak with any member of our front line staff as they may be able to quickly address your concern. If additional time or assistance is needed, staff will explain what steps will be taken which may include speaking to the Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse in Charge.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, please speak to the appropriate Manager within the resident home area.
- If you still have an unresolved concern, you are welcome to speak to the Director of Care/Director of Nursing or the Supervisor Administrative Services/Assistant Administrator.
- If after following the above steps your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please speak directly with the Administrator.
- We expect your issue, concern or complaint to be resolved within the home, but if not, please contact the Director, Long-Term Care Homes at 416-392-8713.
- Issues, concerns or complaints not addressed to your satisfaction by the Director, may also be directed to: Ministry of Long-Term Care 1-866-876-7658.
- Issues, concerns or complaints not addressed to your satisfaction by the Director and not covered by the Ministry of Long-Term Care, may also be directed to the City of Toronto Ombudsman 416-392-7052 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Based Programs
- Talk to your caseworker if you are a client of the Homemakers and Nurses Services program, or talk to your Registered Practical Nurse if you are a client in the Supportive Housing Program
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, talk to the Supervisor, Community Programs
- If you have been unable to provide an acceptable resolution, you should contact the Manager of Community Programs at 416-392-8579
We expect your issue, concern or complaint to be resolved, but if not, please contact the Director, Resident Care & Services. The General Manager is also available to help you seek an acceptable resolution to your concern or complaint.
Acknowledgement of Complaint
We are committed to excellence in customer service and commit to respond to every complaint as soon as possible; our service standard will not exceed 48 hours during regular business hours.
Complaint Follow-up Service Standard
We are committed to providing feedback to the complainant with an interim response, within two business days after acknowledgement of receipt of complaint. The service standard for complaint resolution is variable, dependent upon the nature of the complaint.