Information & Reports: Bloor West Village Avenue Study
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Study-related information, reports and publications are listed below.
A City staff report with the final consultant study and recommendations will be presented to Etobicoke York Community Council on June 6, 2018.
Bloor West Village Avenue Study Final Consultant Report (May 2018)
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Study Process
- Chapter 3: Policy & Planning Context
- Chapter 4: Existing Conditions
- Chapter 5: Guiding Principles
- Chapter 6: Option Development
- Chapter 7: Recommended Guidelines & Standards
- Chapter 8: Demonstration Plan
- Chapter 9: Community Services & Facilities Strategy
- Chapter 10: Water & Natural Heritage Summary
- Chapter 11: Street Design & Transportation Summary
- Chapter 12: Servicing Infrastructure Summary
- Chapter 13: Implementation
- Future Transportation Conditions Report
- High Park Surface Water Features – Narrative
- Desktop Hydrogeological Investigation Report and Appendices (contact City Staff for Appendix A – Bore Hole Logs, Appendix B, Appendix C, and Appendix D)
- Municipal Servicing Future Conditions Report
- Natural Heritage Impact Study
- Summary of Consultant-led Consultation (Local Advisory Committee Meetings, Community Consultation Meetings, Design Charrette)
At the July 8, 2014 meeting, City Council adopted member motion 54.16, which directed a planning study be undertaken as follows:
City Council request the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning to:
a. undertake a review of the current built-form, density, height and heritage value of the properties on Bloor Street West between Keele Street and the Humber River;
b. consult with the community, including landowners and other stakeholder groups, together with the Ward Councillor, to understand the community’s concerns and develop a vision for future development in the study area; and
c. report back on the findings of the review and to provide recommendations for changes, if necessary, to the planning framework for the study area.
The Bloor West Village Avenue Study will make every effort to integrate ongoing development activity into the study process and outcomes. Current development applications within the study area are linked below. For specific project inquiries, contact the assigned Community Planner listed for the application.
- 2452 Bloor Street West
- 2265 Bloor Street West
- 2259 Bloor Street West
- 2115 Bloor Street West
- 2114 – 2130 Bloor Street West
- 1990 Bloor Street West
- 12 High Park Avenue
You can search for development applications within the surrounding area and across the city in the Application Information Centre.