Natural Environment Trails Event Volunteers
Toronto’s natural surface trail network is a popular destination for mountain bikers, hikers, runners, dog-walkers and nature enthusiasts. As the City’s population increases, the pressure on natural areas from this recreational use intensifies. Good trail design and maintenance helps:
- Protect the natural environment
- Keep trail users safe
- Ensure an enjoyable trail experience
Our goal is to engage with volunteers interested in trail sustainability and natural environment protection to maintain and enhance our trail system. All tools and training are provided, and no expertise is required.
The team meets at the Thomas Hauser Memorial Trail Head (11 Redway Road, south end of the Loblaws parking lot).
Every Monday, 6-8 p.m. starting April 30, 2018 (holidays excluded).
What You Will Do
- Re-routing trails away from unsafe and eroded areas
- Rock armouring over exposed tree roots
- Building safe and sustainable water crossings
- Installing interesting trail components
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Closing trails for regeneration
How to Apply
For more info, contact email@example.com.