Natural Environment Trails Volunteers
Toronto’s natural surface trail network is a popular destination for mountain bikers, hikers, runners, dog-walkers and nature enthusiasts. Good trail design and maintenance helps protect the natural environment, keep trail users safe and ensure an enjoyable trail experience. As a volunteer you will:
- Re-route trails away from unsafe and eroded areas
- Rock armour over exposed tree roots
- Build safe and sustainable water crossings
- Install interesting trail components
- Plant native trees and shrubs
- Close trails for regeneration
All tools and training are provided, and no expertise is required.
There are two ways to help out:
The Crothers Woods Trail Stewardship team meets at the Thomas Hauser Memorial Trail Head, 11 Redway Road (south end of the Loblaws parking lot).
- May 6, 2019 and ends September 9, 2019
- Every Monday, not including holidays
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Fall events will be posted in mid-August.
How to Join
To join the weekly team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For special events, individuals and small groups can simply drop in. Groups of 10 or more should register in advance by emailing email@example.com.