Toronto Public Health is pleased to announce that the Student Nutrition Program funding application process has moved to a new online system called Toronto Grants, Rebates and Incentives Portal (TGRIP). This system is the central access point for all City funding applications used by many City Divisions which offer community grants. Through TGRIP, organizations can:
- View, draft, collaborate and share their application with staff and/or volunteers at any time
- Get access to their deadlines and applications from anywhere, at any time
- View their draft, submitted, declined and funded applications in one place
- Add contacts to their organization to give them access to their application information
- Get access to all their funding history and related documents in one place at any time
For specific information about the Student Nutrition Program grant cycle, please visit the Grant Applications and Appeals webpage.
How to Login to TGRIP
To access TGRIP at any time, open a compatible browser (Firefox or Chrome ONLY) and go to cot.smartsimple.ca. Remember to save the website link as a favourite so you can easily return to it.
- Input your email address (i.e., your username) into the ‘Email’ field.
- Input your password into the ‘Password’ field.
- Click on the ‘Login’ bar/button.
If you’re having trouble logging into your TGRIP account try:
- Resetting your password on the login page.
- Review the support tab below.
- Email email@example.com for assistance
Please Note: Access to the Student Nutrition Program application in TGRIP is by invitation only. All previously funded applicants are automatically invited to apply. New interested organizations must email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility, confirm set up of a TGRIP account, and receive an invitation to apply.
TGRIP Instructional Resources
- Ensure that you are using a compatible browser (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
- Do not use Internet Explorer.
- If you continue to have technical difficulties, please email email@example.com. A City of Toronto staff member will respond within two business days.
- For issues related specifically to the Student Nutrition Program funding opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance completing the Student Nutrition Program Application or Appeal please contact your affiliated school board or foundation representative.
Passwords are case sensitive and are subject to rules that are intended to strengthen security.
- Be at least 12 characters long;
- Include one capital letter, one number, and one symbol; and
- Not include part of your name or email.
If you save your password, use a secure password manager. Take all reasonable measures to protect your security in TGRIP by:
- Refraining from sharing your password;
- Preventing the loss, disclosure, modification, and unauthorized use of your password; and
- Controlling access to computers or devices containing your password.
Forgot Your Password?
You can reset your password at any time by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link found on the log-in page.
When you reset your password, the system will send a new temporary password to the email address you entered. The email will be sent from TGRIPNoReply@smartsimple.com. If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your ‘spam/junk mail’ folder.
After logging in with the temporary password, change your password by choosing the Personal Settings menu, then choose the Password tab.
After you type your new password, click the Change Password button. Refer to the information above about how to keep your password secure.
To access TGRIP, you will need:
- High-speed internet access;
- Computer with at least 1.6 GHz processor, 1 gigabyte of memory, and working antivirus software; and
- The latest version of one of the following web browsers, with pop-up windows enabled.
PC browser options for PC
- Firefox (Recommended)
- Chrome (Recommended)
- Edge (Recommended)
- Internet Explorer (Do not use)
PC browser options for Mac
- Internet Explorer (Do not use)