Lakeshore Lodge provides individualized care to each of its 150 residents within a safe and friendly environment. Guided by the CARE values – Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Excellence, we are committed to improving quality of life and support for healthy aging.
Opened in 1990, Lakeshore Lodge features:
- a stunning view of Lake Ontario with open spaces, patios, benches and quiet places like the gazebo for strolling, sitting, wheeling and communing with nature
- clean and spacious floors house the resident home areas with private and semi-private rooms
- secured unit caring for residents with special needs, including potential wanderers requiring a secure environment with access to an outdoor patio where residents can do supervised or individual gardening.
Services for residents include:
- Art Therapy
- Complementary Care
- Dementia Care
- End of life care
- Music Therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Social Work
- Spiritual and religious care
- Volunteer services
- A Nutrition Manager, in consultation with the care team, assures that nutritional needs and where possible, food preferences along with medical issues are understood and met. There are three main meals each day and snacks are throughout the day
- The home provides a caring and welcoming environment for all residents and their chosen representatives who are encouraged to actively participate in care and service planning.
Families are an integral part in helping make the best decisions for their family member. We offer many opportunities for families to be involved:
- Resident care conferences
- Family Council
- Satisfaction surveys
- Volunteer services.
- The St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog program holds its west Toronto training evaluations at Lakeshore Lodge to the benefit of residents who enjoy visits from four-legged furry friends
- Situated beside Humber College Lakeshore Campus, many students studying within the School of Health Sciences, volunteer and complete placements within the home.
Take a Virtual Tour
If interested in a guided personal tour, please call 416-392-9400