What Do I Need to Do to Be Able to Operate?

  • obtain a motorized refreshment vehicle owner licence
  • obtain an ice cream vending permit
  • Optional: Obtain a mobile food vending permit to operate on city streets. Ice cream vendors can apply for a mobile food vending permit to operate like a food truck.

 Where and When Can I Operate?

  • on local and residential streets in all parts of the city for up to 30 minutes at a time
  • up to 30 minutes on one street
  • at least 30 metres from a school