Utility Billing Cycle & Programs
Your metered utility account will be billed following a four month billing cycle, which means you will receive your utility bill three times a year.
If your account is billed on a Flat Rate system, you can find out more about switching to metered billing from Toronto Water. You will incur a Flat Rate Legacy Fee if you do not arrange for water meter installation.
Billing Types and Frequency
If you use less than 6,000 cubic metres (m³) – 6 million litres, or 1.25 million gallons of water per year, your water meter will be read and billed every four months or three times a year.
If you use more than 6,000 cubic metres (m³) – 6 million litres, or 1.25 million gallons of water per year, your water meter will be read and billed on a monthly basis.
- Homeowners or garbage only
- Most town homes
- Some multi-residential properties
- Charities, institutions and organizations:
- City agencies, boards, commissions and divisions
- Yellow bag
- churches, institutions and religious organizations
Billed Monthly, Tri-Annually or Semi-Annually
- billed on the same cycle as the customer’s water billing, where there is an existing utility account
- Businesses (coming soon):
- monthly solid waste billing is coming for multi-residential, front-end collection customers
- Building management and superintendents
- Apartments above stores
- residential unit(s) above commercial properties
If you have accessibility needs and require a different bill format, please contact 311, the Tax and Utility Inquiry Line at 416-392-2489 or TTY phone line 416-392-0719.
Monthly Billing Option for Residential Properties
If you own a residential property, you can sign up for monthly utility billing.
Water Rebate Program
If you are a low-income senior or a low-income person with a disability who consumes less than 400 cubic metres (m³) of water each year, you may be eligible for a water rebate.