Utility Billing Cycle & Programs
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Your metered utility account will be billed following a four month billing cycle, which means you will receive your utility bill three times a year.
If your account is billed on a Flat Rate system, you can find out more about switching to metered billing from Toronto Water. You will incur a Flat Rate Legacy Fee if you do not arrange for water meter installation.
Billing Types and Frequency
If you use less than 6,000 cubic metres (m³) – 6 million litres, or 1.25 million gallons of water per year, your water meter will be read and billed every four months or three times a year.
If you use more than 6,000 cubic metres (m³) – 6 million litres, or 1.25 million gallons of water per year, your water meter will be read and billed on a monthly basis.
- Homeowners or garbage only
- Most town homes
- Some multi-residential properties
- Charities, institutions and organizations:
- City agencies, boards, commissions and divisions
- Yellow bag
- churches, institutions and religious organizations
Billed Monthly, Tri-Annually or Semi-Annually
- billed on the same cycle as the customer’s water billing, where there is an existing utility account
- monthly solid waste billing for multi-residential, front-end collection customers
- Building management and superintendents
- Apartments above stores
- residential unit(s) above commercial properties
If you have accessibility needs and require a different bill format, please contact 311, the Tax and Utility Inquiry Line at 416-392-2489 or TTY phone line 416-392-0719.
Monthly Billing Option for Residential Properties
If you own a residential property, you can sign up for monthly utility billing.
Water Rebate Program
If you are a low-income senior or a low-income person with a disability who consumes less than 400 cubic metres (m³) of water each year, you may be eligible for a water rebate.