Agencies, Boards, Commissions and Corporations (ABCCs) > Ontario Business Corporation Act (OBCA Corporations)
Casa Loma Corporation Board of Directors
The mandate of the Casa Loma Corporation is to manage the day-to-day operations of Casa Loma and ensure operations are stabilized so a future direction for Casa Loma can be established effectively by the City.
Casa Loma Corporation was established by City Council in June 2011 (Item EX6.7) under the authority of the Section 148 of the City of Toronto Act, 2006 and Ontario Regulation 609/06. Casa Loma Corporation is incorporated under the Ontario Business Corporations Act, with the City of Toronto as its sole shareholder.
The board of directors is responsible for supervising the management of the business and affairs of the Corporation, including the following specific activities:
- management of the day to day operations of Casa Loma;
- financial administration including budgeting;
- management of third party contracts for matters such as catering, security, parking and caretaking;
- retention and hiring of staff, including senior staff; and
- stabilization and incremental improvements to the interior features and programming.
Term of office
Directors serve at the pleasure of the shareholder and the term of a director shall be three years. The four City office holders serving on the Board at the end of any term will be automatically re-appointed for another term.
The board consists of 5 members who are appointed to serve by virtue of their positions:
- the General Manager of Economic Development and Culture of the City of Toronto, or his designate, as Chair;
- the Chief Corporate Officer of the City of Toronto or his designate;
- the Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer of the City of Toronto or his designate;
- the Executive Director of Culture of the City of Toronto or her designate;
- the Chief Executive Officer of Exhibition Place.
The board meets bi- monthly or at the call of the Chair.
A majority of the members of the Board - 3 members.
No remuneration is paid to Board members.