Agencies & Corporations
The City of Toronto delivers many key services through agencies and corporations. Each agency and corporation has a different mandate, authorities and responsibilities to deliver services on behalf of the City.
Agencies and corporations generally operate at arm’s length or independently of the City. A Board of Directors supervises the management of the business and affairs of each agency and corporation.
City Council has chosen to deliver services through agencies and corporations for a variety of reasons, including:
- Adding expertise and experience
- Meeting legislative or objectivity requirements
- Leveraging City resources by attracting funding
- Meeting objectives beyond core municipal services
- Operating in a commercial market environment
- Engaging local community and diverse perspectives to guide service delivery
Refer to the City agencies and corporations chart for a single-page list of City corporations, partnered corporations, service agencies and adjudicative boards.