Using the Research Hall
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
To help the city’s archival records last, please follow these simple rules:
- show your card and sign in every time you visit
- place all bags, purses and coats in the lockers
- leave food and drink outside
- use only pencils to take notes
- do not mark or fold archival materials
When looking at archival records:
- open only one box at a time
- remove only one file at a time
- do not rearrange documents within a file
- wear cotton gloves when handling photographs or negatives
The Research Hall is monitored using closed-circuit television. We may ask to inspect your notebooks or any bags before they are removed from the Research Hall or the building.
Failure to observe these guidelines could result in a suspension of research privileges.