Using the Research Hall
To help the city’s archival records last, please follow these simple rules:
- show your card and sign in every time you visit
- place all bags, purses and coats in the lockers
- leave food and drink outside
- use only pencils to take notes
- do not mark or fold archival materials
When looking at archival records:
- open only one box at a time
- remove only one file at a time
- do not rearrange documents within a file
- wear cotton gloves when handling photographs or negatives
The Research Hall is monitored using closed-circuit television. We may ask to inspect your notebooks or any bags before they are removed from the Research Hall or the building.
Failure to observe these guidelines could result in a suspension of research privileges.