News & Construction
Construction Update 13 – August 16, 2019
Bloor Street West full closure from Kipling Avenue to Prennan Avenue AND Pedestrian Detour to cross Kipling Avenue at Bloor Street West
Monday, August 26, 2019 at 7 p.m. – Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 5 p.m.
The City of Toronto is continuing with Phase 3 of the Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration with the full closure of Bloor Street West from Kipling Avenue to Prennan Avenue for road reconstruction.
The intersection of Bloor Street West and Kipling Avenue continues to be reconstructed and pedestrians will not be able to cross east-west. The maps and information below provide information about the open and closed areas and alternate routes.
Beamish Drive is open with one lane in each direction from Bloor Street West to Dundas Street West.
Bloor Street West full closure, Kipling Avenue to Prennan Avenue
- Installing underground services
- Raising the road grade and widening Bloor Street West
- Installing sidewalk and bike lanes
Kipling Avenue Southbound lanes including Bloor-Kipling Intersection Reconstruction
- Installing underground services
- Raising the road grade and widening Kipling Avenue
- Installing sidewalk, bike lanes, street lighting, and traffic signals
Please view Construction Update 13 for maps showing alternate routes and more information.
Travel Route Suggestions
Please view Construction Update 13 for hi-res PDF maps of open and closed intersections and alternate travel route suggestions.
Motorists wishing to travel east on Bloor Street West to access Kipling Avenue can:
- Travel east on Bloor Street West, south on Aukland Avenue, east on Dundas Street West, and north or south on Kipling Avenue
Motorists wishing to travel west on Bloor Street West, west of Kipling Avenue can:
- Travel south on Kipling Avenue, west on Dundas Street West, north on Aukland Road and east or west on Bloor Street West
- Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, coming from north of the Dundas-Kipling ramp, east of Kipling Avenue: Travel south on Kipling Avenue and west on Dundas Street West.
- Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, coming from north of the Dundas-Kipling ramp, west of Kipling Avenue: Travel west on Bloor Street West, south on Aukland Road and east on Dundas Street West.
- Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, coming from south of Dundas Street West, and Bloor Street West: Travel north on Kipling Avenue and west on Dundas Street West and north on Aukland Avenue.
There are no updates at this time.
Notice & Newsletter Archive
What to Expect During Construction
- You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences. The City will make efforts to reduce the impacts. We appreciate your patience.
- Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard), such as landscaping and / or decorative objects. If you have a sprinkler system within the boulevard, please contact the Project Manager.
- The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items on City property.
Work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday, with work after hours and on weekends as required.
Road & Sidewalk Access
In order to complete the work in a safe manner, there will be road and sidewalk restrictions within the construction work zone. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
The contractor will notify you of any temporary restrictions to your driveway access. If your property has two entrances, one entrance will be kept open at all times.
Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets. Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should continue to obey all posted traffic signage. *Please note that timelines are subject to weather and working conditions and may change.
Parking in the active work zone is not permitted due to space requirements for construction equipment and materials. If your parked vehicle affects the construction work, it will be re-located with no charge to the owner. If your vehicle is moved, please contact parking control for its location at 416-808-2222.
Garbage & Recycling
Please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please ensure that you label your bins with your address.
The construction work area will be restored with sod and/or asphalt where required in future stages of the work. Updates will be provided.
Phase 2: March 2017 – Spring 2020
Generally, construction includes:
- removing the existing structures, roads, and facilities, as required
- installing underground infrastructure (watermain, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and utilities)
- streetscaping (including landscaping, street lighting, and furniture)
- road surfacing, intersection improvements, and curb installation
Demolition and reconstruction will take place in the following stages across the area:
Stage 1: Spring 2017 – Winter 2018
- Construct new Dundas Street alignment between Kipling and Bloor.
- Construct Road A and Road B.
- Construct an underground Hydro duct bank on Dundas Street West from Aukland Road to Jopling Avenue.
- Closure of Dundas/Bloor intersection to remove asphalt and place temporary ramps to Bloor.
- Construction along Dundas Street, Road A, and Road B.
- Start work on the bus ramp (Kipling to Street A) and opening temporary connections (Dundas, Road A, Road B).
- Reconstruct Bloor Street westbound lanes from Dunbloor Road to the projects eastern limit.
- Construct the east-side of Kipling and bus ramp, south of Bloor.
- Construct the Bloor Street westbound lanes
- Construct the Kipling/Dundas intersection
Stage 2: Spring 2018 – Summer 2019
- Reconstruct the Bloor Street West eastbound lanes.
- Reconstruct Dunbloor Road.
- Construct the remainder of Dundas Street West south side and the Kipling/Dundas intersection.
- Construct new Viking Lane.
- Bloor Street realignment from Dundas to Kipling.
- Construct Road C.
- Reconstruct the existing Dundas Street East and Kipling/Dundas ramp.
- Construct Dundas Street West from Jopling to Kipling.
Stage 3: Summer 2019 – Spring 2020
- Widen Kipling Avenue northbound lanes.
- Remove the existing Dundas/Bloor bridge structures over Kipling.
- Widen and reconstruct Kipling Avenue southbound lanes.
- Construct Bloor Street West from Kipling to Prennan Avenue.