News & Construction
Construction Update 14 – October 7, 2019
Bloor Street West partial opening to motorists between Prennan Avenue and Dunbloor Road / Dundas Street West
Partial Opening (vehicles only, one lane per direction): Friday October 11, 2019 at 7 a.m.
Complete Opening: December 2019
*Timeline is subject to change*
The City of Toronto is continuing Phase 3 of the Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration with the partial opening of Bloor Street West for motorists between Prennan Avenue to Dunbloor Road/Dundas Street West. Traffic can now travel continuously on Bloor Street West through Kipling Avenue without detours, and Kipling Avenue can be accessed from Bloor Street West in both directions.
Sidewalks will remain closed on this portion of Bloor Street West and the pedestrian detour will remain effective until December 2019 when sidewalk construction is complete.
Please view Construction Update 14 for maps showing alternate routes and more information.
Bloor Street West
- Installing underground services
- Raising the road grade and widening Bloor Street West
- Installing sidewalks and bike lanes
Kipling Avenue Southbound lanes
- Installing underground services
- Raising the road grade and widening Kipling Avenue
- Installing sidewalks, bike lanes, street lights, and traffic signals
Please view Construction Update 14 for hi-resolution maps showing alternate routes and more information.
Pedestrians will not be able to cross Kipling Avenue at Bloor Street West and are required to cross at the Dundas Street West and Kipling Avenue intersection, or at Mattice Avenue. For safety, this alternative route MUST be used, signage will be in place to help navigate.
Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, coming from north of the Dundas-Kipling ramp, east of Kipling Avenue:
- Travel south on Kipling Avenue and west on Dundas Street West. OR
- Travel north on Kipling Avenue, west on Mattice Avenue, South on Botfield Avenue
Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, coming from north of the Dundas-Kipling ramp, west of Kipling Avenue:
- Travel west on Bloor Street West, south on Aukland Road and east on Dundas Street West. OR
- Travel north on Kipling Avenue, east on Mattice Avenue, and South on Kipling Avenue
Pedestrians wishing to cross Bloor Street West at Kipling Avenue, if coming from south of Dundas Street West, and Bloor Street West:
Travel north on Kipling Avenue and west on Dundas Street West and north on Aukland Avenue.
There are no updates at this time.
- You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences. The City will make efforts to reduce the impacts. We appreciate your patience.
- Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard), such as landscaping and / or decorative objects. If you have a sprinkler system within the boulevard, please contact the Project Manager.
- The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items on City property.
Work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday, with work after hours and on weekends as required.
Road & Sidewalk Access
In order to complete the work in a safe manner, there will be road and sidewalk restrictions within the construction work zone. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
The contractor will notify you of any temporary restrictions to your driveway access. If your property has two entrances, one entrance will be kept open at all times.
Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets. Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should continue to obey all posted traffic signage. *Please note that timelines are subject to weather and working conditions and may change.
Parking in the active work zone is not permitted due to space requirements for construction equipment and materials. If your parked vehicle affects the construction work, it will be re-located with no charge to the owner. If your vehicle is moved, please contact parking control for its location at 416-808-2222.
Garbage & Recycling
Please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please ensure that you label your bins with your address.
The construction work area will be restored with sod and/or asphalt where required in future stages of the work. Updates will be provided.
Phase 2: March 2017 – Spring 2020
Generally, construction includes:
- removing the existing structures, roads, and facilities, as required
- installing underground infrastructure (watermain, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and utilities)
- streetscaping (including landscaping, street lighting, and furniture)
- road surfacing, intersection improvements, and curb installation
Demolition and reconstruction will take place in the following stages across the area:
Stage 1: Spring 2017 – Winter 2018
- Construct new Dundas Street alignment between Kipling and Bloor.
- Construct Road A and Road B.
- Construct an underground Hydro duct bank on Dundas Street West from Aukland Road to Jopling Avenue.
- Closure of Dundas/Bloor intersection to remove asphalt and place temporary ramps to Bloor.
- Construction along Dundas Street, Road A, and Road B.
- Start work on the bus ramp (Kipling to Street A) and opening temporary connections (Dundas, Road A, Road B).
- Reconstruct Bloor Street westbound lanes from Dunbloor Road to the projects eastern limit.
- Construct the east-side of Kipling and bus ramp, south of Bloor.
- Construct the Bloor Street westbound lanes
- Construct the Kipling/Dundas intersection
Stage 2: Spring 2018 – Summer 2019
- Reconstruct the Bloor Street West eastbound lanes.
- Reconstruct Dunbloor Road.
- Construct the remainder of Dundas Street West south side and the Kipling/Dundas intersection.
- Construct new Viking Lane.
- Bloor Street realignment from Dundas to Kipling.
- Construct Road C.
- Reconstruct the existing Dundas Street East and Kipling/Dundas ramp.
- Construct Dundas Street West from Jopling to Kipling.
Stage 3: Summer 2019 – Spring 2020
- Widen Kipling Avenue northbound lanes.
- Remove the existing Dundas/Bloor bridge structures over Kipling.
- Widen and reconstruct Kipling Avenue southbound lanes.
- Construct Bloor Street West from Kipling to Prennan Avenue.