News & Construction
Map of Active and Closed Roadways (Scroll down to accordion menu for alternate route suggestions.)
Construction Update 6 – July 3, 2018
Start Date: July 9, 2018
Expected End Date: September 3, 2018
The City of Toronto continues reconstructing the Six Points Interchange in the following locations.
St Albans Ramp East Reconstruction (to/from Kipling Avenue), July 9th, 2018 – Reconstruction of the existing St Albans Ramp E will begin; starting with the complete closure of the ramp to traffic into September 2018. Pedestrian access maintained on the west side of Kipling Avenue.
Partial Opening of Road A, Road B, and the new Dundas Street (East of Kipling Avenue) – Roadway opening will now coincide with the opening of the new alignment on Dundas Street in December 2018. Please see Alternate Route maps below for suggestions on how to navigate the area.
Viking Lane Ramps (to/from Kipling Avenue) – The Viking Lane Ramps to and from Kipling Avenue will remain open; future construction updates will provide lane and travel restrictions.
Please refer to Construction Update 5 – April 30, 2018 for detailed information regarding ongoing construction in the project area.
- Local access during reconstruction of Dunbloor Road: Starts week of June 11, 2018 – December 2018. This work includes the intersections at Dundas Street West and Bloor Street West. Work will involve installing a permanent roadway, median, new sidewalks and bike lanes, as well as start the preparation needed for future traffic signals at the north and south ends of Dunbloor Road that should take place in Fall 2018. Local vehicle access will be maintained at all times to Summerland Terrace from either Dundas Street or Bloor Street, as construction progresses into Fall 2018. Pedestrians will have access to a sidewalk along the east side of Dunbloor Road.
- TTC Kipling Station, St Albans Passenger Pickup Lot Closure: In an effort to advance construction of ‘Road A’ (St Albans eastbound extension), and reduce the long term impacts to the area around Kipling subway station, there will be a full closure of the TTC St Alban’s Passenger Pickup Lot for the month of April. Access to the eastern entrance of the subway station will be maintained.
- Kipling Avenue: Ongoing construction on the east side of Kipling Ave has moved to the west lanes effective, March 9, 2018. Work includes the installation of utilities crossing Kipling including new watermains, and storm water sewers at the new Dundas St and Kipling Ave intersection.This work is expected to be complete by June 2018. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained along Kipling Avenue at all times. Current access to ramps to and from Kipling will be maintained.
- You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences. The City will make efforts to reduce the impacts. We appreciate your patience.
- Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard), such as landscaping and / or decorative objects. If you have a sprinkler system within the boulevard, please contact the Project Manager.
- The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items on City property.
Work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday, with work after hours and on weekends as required.
Road & Sidewalk Access
In order to complete the work in a safe manner, there will be road and sidewalk restrictions within the construction work zone. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
The contractor will notify you of any temporary restrictions to your driveway access. If your property has two entrances, one entrance will be kept open at all times.
Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets. Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should continue to obey all posted traffic signage. *Please note that timelines are subject to weather and working conditions and may change.
Parking in the active work zone is not permitted due to space requirements for construction equipment and materials. If your parked vehicle affects the construction work, it will be re-located with no charge to the owner. If your vehicle is moved, please contact parking control for its location at 416-808-2222.
Garbage & Recycling
Please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please ensure that you label your bins with your address.
The construction work area will be restored with sod and/or asphalt where required in future stages of the work. Updates will be provided.
Phase 2: March 2017 – Spring 2020
Generally, construction includes:
- removing the existing structures, roads, and facilities, as required
- installing underground infrastructure (watermain, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and utilities)
- streetscaping (including landscaping, street lighting, and furniture)
- road surfacing, intersection improvements, and curb installation
Demolition and reconstruction will take place in the following stages across the area:
Stage 1: Spring 2017 – Winter 2018
- Construct new Dundas Street alignment between Kipling and Bloor.
- Construct Road A and Road B.
- Construct an underground Hydro duct bank on Dundas Street West from Aukland Road to Jopling Avenue.
- Closure of Dundas/Bloor intersection to remove asphalt and place temporary ramps to Bloor.
- Construction along Dundas Street, Road A, and Road B.
- Start work on the bus ramp (Kipling to Street A) and opening temporary connections (Dundas, Road A, Road B).
- Reconstruct Bloor Street westbound lanes from Dunbloor Road to the projects eastern limit.
- Construct the east-side of Kipling and bus ramp, south of Bloor.
- Construct the Bloor Street westbound lanes
- Construct the Kipling/Dundas intersection
Stage 2: Spring 2018 – Summer 2019
- Reconstruct the Bloor Street West eastbound lanes.
- Reconstruct Dunbloor Road.
- Construct the remainder of Dundas Street West south side and the Kipling/Dundas intersection.
- Construct new Viking Lane.
- Bloor Street realignment from Dundas to Kipling.
- Construct Road C.
- Reconstruct the existing Dundas Street East and Kipling/Dundas ramp.
- Construct Dundas Street West from Jopling to Kipling.
Stage 3: Summer 2019 – Spring 2020
- Widen Kipling Avenue northbound lanes.
- Remove the existing Dundas/Bloor bridge structures over Kipling.
- Widen and reconstruct Kipling Avenue southbound lanes.
- Construct Bloor Street West from Kipling to Prennan Avenue.