Make the Right Call
It is important to make the right call at the right time, to get the service you need. Knowing when to call 311, the police non-emergency line or 911 will ensure you get the right help at the right time.
Call 311 for Information About City Services and Programs
- The 311 Contact Centre operates 24/7, 365 days a year
- 311 staff provide information and refer requests to the appropriate City of Toronto division for response to the resident/situation; response times from divisions will vary depending on the service request.
- 311 offers assistance in more than 180 languages and has a TTY service for the hearing impaired (416-338-0889)
- Some service requests can also be made online
Call 416-808-2222 for Non-Emergency Police Matters
- This line is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year
- The public can file many police related reports online, some of which include: damage to property under $5000, driving complaints and parking complaints. For a full list of police related online reports, please visit torontopolice.on.ca/core for more details.
Call 911 for All Emergencies
Where people or property are at risk and Police, Fire or Ambulance are required call 911 immediately.
Remember, calling 911 for non-emergency situations could cause a delay in someone else getting life-saving help in time.
Make the Right Call Campaign
City of Toronto and Toronto Police partnership ad campaign to educate residents to make the right call. Want to see what the ad campaign looks like?