The way you set your Green Bin out for collection is very important:
- Our collection operation can only work when the bin is properly set out.
- With the dial/latch in the locked position, set the bin out for collection with the arrows on top facing the street
- The bin must be set out squarely facing the street so that the truck’s automated collection arms can grip the bin to lift, tilt and empty
- Do not put yard waste in the Green Bin. Yard waste is collected and processed separately.
- Wash bins regularly with dish soap and water
Leave space around all bins and items set out for collection so that the truck’s automated arms can grab and lift bins:
How to use the new latch:
- Turn the dial either right or left to the unlock position to open the bin
- If the dial that locks/unlocks the bin is stiff at first, it will loosen up with use
- For quicker results, rotate the dial back and forth several times
- Place the bin at curbside in the locked position
- The gravity lock will automatically release when the bin is collected and tilted over the truck.
The new Green Bins have a gravity lock and have been designed to be:
- animal resistant
- easy to use
- suitable for automated collection