The City will pick up oversized items set out beside your Garbage Bin on your garbage collection day.
Items Accepted at the Curb & Proper Set Out
Oversized & Metal Items
- Box springs, furniture, lamps, luggage, mattresses, patio furniture, skis, toilets, etc.
- Appliances, barbecues (no propane tanks), bed frames, bicycles, furnaces, hot water heaters, storage sheds, etc.
- Place items next to your Garbage Bin for pickup while ensuring 0.5 metre between items
- Remove doors from refrigerators, ovens and other appliances
- Tie down sofa bed frames so they don’t spring open
- For furniture or mattresses infested with bed bugs, wrap them completely in plastic and set them out on your scheduled collection day.
- Dismantle or separate loose or large heavy items (i.e. remove cabinet shelving etc.)
Carpets and Underpads
- Roll, cut and tie carpeting into bundles
- Bundles must not be longer than four feet and not weigh more than 20 kg (approximately 44 lbs)
- Place items next to your Garbage Bin for pickup while ensuring 0.5 metre between items.
Artificial Christmas Trees
- Trees must be free of bags, tinsel, ornaments, nails, tree skirts and stands
- Place tree next to your Garbage Bin for pick-up
- Clear tree of snow and ice
Items Not Accepted
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Construction, Demolition & Renovation Waste
- Baseboards, bathtubs, cabinets, countertops, doors, drywall, fencing, insulation, lumber, plaster, roof shingles, siding, tiles
- Take these items to a Drop-Off Depot or find a private company to dispose of material
- Some renovation material may still be useful. Find out if and where it can be donated for reuse.
Rubber tires (on or off rims) are accepted at the following Drop-Off Depots:
An annual fee for this service is charged to each house and multi-residential unit, regardless of whether or not the service is used. The fee is based on the cost to collect, process and dispose of these items. It allows the City to offer convenient and economical pickup of oversized and metal items eliminating the need to take them to a depot, book an appointment for pickup or pay a private hauler.