Forms, Submission Guidelines & Fees
All Minor Variance and Consent applications are accepted in digital format (PDF) by email to email@example.com. Please include the property address in the subject line.
If you prefer to submit in person, digital applications on a USB/CD/DVD can be submitted to any Toronto Building Customer Service Counter in any district regardless of the property location.
Ensure the following requirements are met when submitting an application via USB key:
- USB key is formatted for use in a Windows-based device (e.g. Fat32 / NTFS)
- USB key includes only PDF files and they are not compressed (e.g. no zipped files) and no folders
Note: USB keys will not be returned.
Timing of Applications
The Planning Act prohibits an applicant from making an application for a minor variance if a site-specific zoning by-law has been passed within the last two years.
If your property has been subject to a site-specific by-law passed within the last two years, you must receive Council approval to proceed with an application. For more information on this process contact Community Planning.
Application, Forms and Resources
Refer to the Application Checklist for complete details and requirements. A complete submission will expedite the evaluation and timely hearing scheduling of your application.
- Clear title: $1,208.37
- Additions and alterations to existing dwellings with three units or less: $1,612.50
- Residential dwellings with three units or less: $3,625.15
- All other residential, commercial, industrial or institutional uses: $4,691.86
- After the Fact variances: double the regular fee
- Base fee for severing one lot into two or establishing a new easement: $5,845.77
- Fee for each additional lot created: $4,746.77
- Validation of Title, Technical Severance, Leases, Mortgage Discharge, Lot Additions, Re-Establishing Easements: $1,646.46