Forms, Submission Guidelines & Fees
A Committee of Adjustment Application is submitted for proposals involving Minor Variance or Consents approvals.
Please note that we are now accepting digital applications on a USB key. Please ensure the following requirements are met:
- USB key needs to be formatted for use in a Windows based device (e.g. Fat32 / NTFS);
- Ensure only PDF files for the application submission are on the Key, uncompressed (e.g. no zipped files) and no folders;
Please Note: Any USB key provided to staff through mail/courier will not be returned.
As of March 6, 2017, all Minor Variance and Consent application can be submitted in digital format (PDF) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include the property address in the subject line. If you prefer to submit in person, we will accept digital applications with a USB/CD/DVD at any Toronto Building Customer Service Counter in any District regardless of the property location.
Note: As of July 1, 2016, changes to the Planning Act prohibit an applicant from making an application for a minor variance if a site specific zoning by-law has been passed within the last two years.
If your property has been the subject of a site specific by-law passed after July 1, 2016 then you will need Council approval to proceed with the application. Please contact Community Planning for information on how to proceed with the application.
If your property has not been the subject of a site specific zoning by-law passed after July 1,2016 then you can make an application.
Please see the Application Checklist for complete details and requirements. A complete submission will expedite the evaluation and timely hearing scheduling of your Application.
- Clear title: $1,163.04
- Additions and alterations to existing dwellings with 3 units or less: $1,552.01
- Residential dwellings with 3 units or less: $3,489.18
- All other residential, commercial, industrial or institutional uses: $4,515.87
- “After the fact variances:” double the regular fee
- Base fee for severing one lot into two, or establishing a new easement: $5,626.50
- Fee for each additional lot created: $4,568.72
- Validation of Title, Technical Severance, Leases, Mortgage Discharge, Lot Additions, Re-Establishing Easements: $1,584.70