Taylor Massey Creek Park Planning
Please join us on October 3 at Stan Wadlow Clubhouse from 7 to 9 p.m. for an update on the Taylor Massey Creek planning process and to provide feedback on the proposed themes, strategies and potential projects.
The Taylor Massey Creek is a tributary of the Don River, situated within a heavily urbanized section of Toronto, immediately east of the confluence of the West and East Don Rivers.
A planning process for Taylor Massey Creek was approved by Parks and Environment Committee on June 2, 2015, and City Council on July 7, 2015. Based on preliminary discussions with stakeholders, the process has been divided into three phases:
- Status Report
- Taylor Massey Sub-Watershed Master Plan Update
- Taylor Creek Park Management Plan
The Taylor Massey Master Plan is a sub-watershed scale plan for the improvement, management, maintenance and public use of the parkland along Taylor Massey Creek. The Master Plan considers the study area’s diversity of features and functions and their interconnectedness, including natural areas, park infrastructure, recreational amenities, trails, stormwater facilities and other utilities.
Download the final Taylor Massey Sub-Watershed Master Plan report.
- Appendix A – Consultation Summary Reports
- Appendix B – Background Analysis Mapping (Areas 1 – 8)
- Appendix C – Opportunities and Constraints Mapping
- General Ecological Description of Study Area
- ELC Classifications
- Flora: Rare Species and Species Sensitivity
- Watershed and Watercourse Enhancement Opportunities
- Trails Systems and Cultural Heritage Enhancement Opportunities
- Cultural Resources and Archaeological Potential
- Natural Heritage and Ecological Enhancement Opportunities
- Appendix D – Environmental Land Classification Plant Lists
- Appendix E – Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Erosion Data
Community Meeting – June 21, 2017
The Taylor Massey community was invited to review the Opportunities and Constraints and help develop Guiding Principles for the Master Plan Update at a public meeting held on Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Access the Community Meeting Summary Report and Presentation Panels that were used at the meeting:
Building upon the recommendations of the Master Plan, the Taylor Creek Park Management Plan will identify management initiatives to address park-scale concerns regarding erosion, watercourse, landfills, vegetation, trails and signage. We will be proposing and prioritizing projects and timelines for the preservation, improvement, on-going and future management, maintenance, and public use of Taylor Creek Park, recognizing the recreational uses and the natural environment of the park. Through the identification and evaluation of relationships and responsibility, a governance structure for ongoing staff coordination and public engagement will be proposed for future project implementation.
- March 21, 2018: The Management Plan process was launched at the “What’s Happening in our Ravines” community meeting at Stan Wadlow Clubhouse.
- July 27, 2018 in the afternoon and July 28, 2018 in the morning: Pop-up in the Park events were held at Taylor Creek Park, just north of Stan Wadlow Park.
- July 26 to August 16, 2018: A map-based online survey was conducted and the summary can be read online.
Please stay tuned for further updates on the Taylor Creek Park Management Plan public consultation process!