Here are all of the items that are accepted at the City’s Drop-Off Depots. Please check which items are accepted at each location.
Household Hazardous Waste
- For a list of Household Hazardous Waste items and other disposal options visit the Household Hazardous Waste web page.
- Household Hazardous Waste drop off is free of charge with the exception of fees for certain quantities of fluorescent tubes.
- Drywall (1 tonne maximum, only accepted at Bermondsey, Ingram, and Commissioners Drop-Off Depots)
- Lumber (4 feet maximum)
- Pressure treated wood
- Roof shingles
Note: Remove nails, screws, metal corner beads, ceramics, wood etc.
Fees apply to dropping off renovation waste.
The following items are not accepted at Drop-Off Depots:
- Cinder blocks
- Dead animals
- Paving stones
- Sod and grass clippings
- Soil and sand
Contact a private company to arrange for proper disposal of these items.
The above lists are not comprehensive. Check Waste Wizard if you’re not sure how to properly dispose of an item.
- Rubber tires (on or off rims), excluding heavy truck, forklift and large off-road tires, are accepted at some Drop-Off Depots.
- Bermondsey, Commissioners and Ingram Drop-Off Depots accept a maximum of 10 tires per load. Dufferin Drop-Off Depot accepts any amount of tires.
- Up to 10 passenger and/or light truck tires are free to drop off. Fees apply when dropping off more than 10 passenger and/or light truck tires or other types of tires.
- For additional tire drop off locations visit the Resource Productivity & Recovery Authority.
- For a list of Yard Waste items visit the Yard Waste web page.
- Drop-Off Depots will not accept any pieces that exceed 7.5 centimetres (three inches) in diameter or 1.2 metres (4 feet) in length, with the exception of Christmas trees.
- Soil and grass are not accepted at any location.
- Fees apply to quantities weighing 20 kg or more.
Garbage & Recycling
- Garbage items
- Recycling items
- Mixed loads of garbage and recycling will be denied entry
- Recycling is restricted to 1 tonne
- Fees may apply