Reports & Resources
Public Consultation Reports
Public Consultation Materials
Presentation slides and meeting specific materials:
|Draft Waste Strategy Overview|
|Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle: Waste Diversion in Houses, Apartments and Condos|
|Diversion Opportunities: Businesses and Home Renovators|
|Waste Recovery and Residual: How to Handle Remaining Materials||
The materials listed below were presented and shared at public meetings happening across Toronto in June 2015 including the: presentation slides, workbook, and public notice.
- Station 2: About the Waste Strategy
- Station 3: Waste Management in Toronto
- Station 3 map: Map of Waste Management Facilities
- Station 4: Options to consider for the Strategy
- Station 5: How to stay involved
Stakeholder Advisory Group
A Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) was established to provide advice and feedback to the Project Team at key points in the development of the Long Term Waste Management Strategy. Meetings were typically held on a monthly basis and were chaired by an independent facilitator. The SAG met 17 times between 2014-2016, and provided valuable feedback to inform the final Waste Strategy and public consultation process.
Toronto’s Approved Final Waste Strategy (July 15, 2016)
Technical Memorandum No. 4 (February 25, 2016)
Technical Memorandum No. 4 is the fourth in a series and it focuses on a summary of the comparative evaluations results for the list of varied options proposed for the draft Strategy.
Technical Memorandum No. 3 (February 23, 2016)
A third in the series, Technical Memorandum No. 3 focuses on descriptions of the variety of options identified and the evaluation process used to select and prioritize the options that will be recommended for implementation in the draft Strategy.
- Technical Memorandum No. 3 – Options Identification and Evaluation Process
- Appendix A – Description of Options
- Appendix B – Scoring Guide
- Appendix C – Toronto Public Health Assessment Methodology
Technical Memorandum No. 2 (February 17, 2016)
This is the second in a series of technical memorandums. It focuses on the “Needs Assessment” conducted to help build a foundation for developing the draft Waste Strategy. The memo includes information about the Vision Statement and Guiding Principles created to provide a framework for the Strategy. The assessment helped identify gaps, challenges and/or opportunities that exist in the City’s current waste management system. Technical Memo No. 2 also details the long term projections which will help to establish the long-term need of the solid waste management system and its customers.
Technical Memorandum No. 1 (August 25, 2015)
This technical memorandum provides background on all aspects of the City’s current waste management system. It will be utilized as the foundation from which future project phases will be developed.
It is important to note that the information contained herein is accurate only up to the completion of this technical memorandum. New information is continually being generated (systems change, contracts expire, etc.); as such, this document should be regarded as a snapshot in time, current as of December, 2014, reflecting information available at that time.
It is also important to note that this baseline document does not include waste generated within the City of Toronto that is privately managed outside of the City responsibilities.
- June 20, 2016: Report on Final Long Term Waste Management Strategy
- February 11, 2016: Update – Draft Long Term Waste Management Strategy
- September 8, 2015: Solid Waste Management Services Long Term Waste Management Strategy: Vision, Guiding Principles, Evaluation Criteria and Options
- May 12, 2015: Solid Waste Management Services – Long Term Waste Management Strategy Progress Report – Q2 2015
- January 6, 2015: Solid Waste Management Services – Long Term Waste Management Strategy Progress Report – Q1 2015
- June 18, 2014: Update on the Development of the Long Term Waste Management Strategy
- October 4, 2013: Results of Request for Proposals No. 9119-13-3146 Contract for the Long Term Waste Management Strategy
- July 16, 2013: Long Term Waste Management Strategy – Terms of Reference
- March 19, 2013: Long Term Waste Management Strategy