Fire Hydrant Use Permit

The City of Toronto grants permits to allow the use of water from fire hydrants for filming, special events, pool filling and other specific purposes.

Fire Hydrant Flow Test Permit

Property owners, developers and contractors designing or upgrading a private fire flow system, can request a permit to test the flow rate and pressure of certain hydrants.

Discharge Permits & Agreements for Private Water

Discharge Permits and Agreements are required when private water (water not purchased from the City) is discharged into the City’s sewer system. Examples include ground or surface water from construction dewatering, and discharge from a permanent foundation drainage system.

Other Construction-Related Applications and Services