Donations to the Employee Campaign will need to be completed using a paper pledge form. As well, you can donate through One Time or On-going Deductions, Credit Card, Cheque, Cash or Payroll Deduction. Please contact your Divisional Coordinator for more information about making a donation.
If you made a donation through payroll deduction during the 2019 United Way Campaign, your payroll deduction (which took effect in January 2019) would be ongoing, until you decided to make a change. This amount should be reflected on your personalized donation page and appear on your pay stub.
For the 2019 campaign, you have the following options:
- If you do not change your donation details, your current ongoing donation will continue throughout the 2020 pay cycle.
- If you would like to change the amount or details of your donation, you can do so online. Your new instructions will take effect with the first pay of 2020.
- To be eligible for this year’s Incentive Draws, you need to do a payroll pledge of $4 or more (annual equivalent of $104 or more)and you MUST contact your Ambassador before October 3 to get a ballot. A 2019 tax receipt will be issued for the total donation, less the $4 cost of this ticket.
Benefits of Donation Rollover
- It is convenient: you don’t have to fill out the paperwork every year if you don’t want to change your donation.
- You can plan your financials: with Donation Rollover, you will know exactly what you will be donating from one year to the next.
Please consider being a Leadership Donor for 2019. Leadership donations are critical to the success of the employee campaign, representing almost 30 per cent of all dollars raised over the last few years.
- Minimum Leadership Donation: $1,200 per year or $46.16 per pay
As well, The Alice & Grant Burton Matching Challenge Gift will provide up to $1 million to match all new Leadership donations and Leadership donation increases (please note: the Alice & Grant Burton Matching Challenge Gift, only applies to gifts to United Way Greater Toronto; not to gifts made to other registered charities)