The City’s annual United Way Employee Campaign raises funds for the United Way Greater Toronto, to fight poverty and provide help to those who need it most. Please be #UnitedfortheCity by donating what you can and supporting this year’s campaign.
Every donation counts, no matter how small!
Donations to the Employee Campaign will need to be completed using a paper pledge form. Or, you can donate through One-Time or On-going Deductions, Credit Card, Cheque, Cash or Payroll Deduction. Please contact your Divisional Coordinator for more information about making a donation.
One-time donations can be made through the City’s @Work lite system
Donations to the Employee Campaign will need to be completed using a paper pledge form. As well, you can donate through One Time or On-going Deductions, Credit Card, Cheque, Cash or Payroll Deduction. Please contact your Divisional Coordinator for more information about making a donation.
If you made a donation through payroll deduction during the 2019 United Way Campaign, your payroll deduction (which took effect in January 2019) would be ongoing, until you decided to make a change. This amount should be reflected on your personalized donation page and appear on your pay stub.
For the 2019 campaign, you have the following options:
- If you do not change your donation details, your current ongoing donation will continue throughout the 2020 pay cycle.
- If you would like to change the amount or details of your donation, you can do so online. Your new instructions will take effect with the first pay of 2020.
- To be eligible for this year’s Incentive Draws, you need to do a payroll pledge of $4 or more (annual equivalent of $104 or more) and you must contact your Ambassador before October 3 to get a ballot. A 2019 tax receipt will be issued for the total donation, less the $4 cost of this ticket.
Benefits of Donation Rollover
- It is convenient: you don’t have to fill out the paperwork every year if you don’t want to change your donation.
- You can plan your financials: with Donation Rollover, you will know exactly what you will be donating from one year to the next.
Please consider being a Leadership Donor for 2019. Leadership donations are critical to the success of the employee campaign, representing almost 30 per cent of all dollars raised over the last few years.
Minimum Leadership Donation: $1,200 per year or $46.16 per pay
As well, The Alice & Grant Burton Matching Challenge Gift will provide up to $1 million to match all new Leadership donations and Leadership donation increases (please note: the Alice & Grant Burton Matching Challenge Gift, only applies to gifts to United Way Greater Toronto; not to gifts made to other registered charities)
Key Campaign Dates
December 6: Cash Raffle Draw
Congratulations to the six lucky winners of the Cash Raffle Draw held on December 6 at the United Way Office.
||Name / Division
Toronto Public Library
Shelter, Support & Housing Administration
GenNext is a volunteer group of City of Toronto employees looking to encourage and ignite the next generation of United Way supporters to learn, act and give back to the community in which they work.
As a member of GenNext, employees receive exclusive access to fun networking events, various volunteer opportunities and engaging social activities throughout the year.
Get involved! Sign up to become a GenNext member or contact us at GenNext@toronto.ca for more information.
All templates and forms are available to Coordinators only. Login in to access them.
Tickets for Toronto-area family attractions. All tickets can be purchased online from links below.
Employees, families and friends of City of Toronto divisions, agencies and corporations are entitled to participate in the discount program.
A portion of sales from this ticket program will go to the City’s United Way Employee Campaign.