The City has a committed, engaged and diverse workforce who provide services that improve the lives of residents, help build trust and confidence in local government and supports the financial sustainability of the City.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City has focused on:
- improving how services are delivered digitally and person-to person engagement virtually
- securing intergovernmental funding commitments
- prioritizing resources required for COVID-19 pandemic response and recovery efforts
- increasing capacity to make decisions and guide outcomes based on data, insights and engagement
Reports to Council
- Executive Committee adopted measures related to Affordable Internet Connectivity for All – ConnectTO, to leverage municipal broadband to bring access to affordable high-speed internet for all Toronto residents and businesses, especially those who are vulnerable and underserved by digital infrastructure
- Staff reported on the City’s Workplace Modernization Program Business Case and Implementation Plan
- As part of the application-based property tax deferral program, those experiencing severe financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 are able to apply for property tax deferral.
- Toronto City Council authorized City staff to enter into a contractual agreement with PayIt Digital Government Inc. (PayIt) for the provision of digital services with payments
Search other reports to City Council for more information
Equity & Reconciliation Initiatives
Partnerships & Intergovernmental Updates
- In March 2021, the Province of Ontario announced a further $350 million in Safe Restart Agreement (SRA) and Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) funding for the City of Toronto . A series of further non-SRA/SSRF related funding has also been committed to the City for both 2020 and 2021 COVID-19 related financial impacts.
- The Province provided support to large municipalities through the Audit and Accountability Fund to support initiatives related to increasing digital services, modernization, streamlining and service integration