Make an Informed Decision
How you feed your baby will be one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent.
This information can help you make an informed decision and be on your way to give your baby a healthy start.
Breast milk will help protect your baby from:
- Being overweight or obese
- Ear infections
- Bowel disease
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Coughs and colds
- Some childhood cancers
- The effects of toxins in the environment
Breastfeeding will help protect you from:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Breastfeeding promotes closeness and bonding of mom and baby.
- Does not change to meet your baby’s growing needs
- Does not protect your baby from infections and diarrhea
- Is not sterile (powdered form)
- Is not recommended for babies less than two months of age (powdered form)
Challenges with infant formula include:
- Extra time is needed to sterilize equipment
- Mistakes can be made during preparation
If you have made an informed decision to give your baby infant formula and need more information please visit our site about infant formula.