- We support the infant feeding choices of all families.
- We provide families with information about feeding their babies in a safe and nurturing way.
- We have a policy that protects, promotes and supports breastfeeding. Our staff are trained to follow this policy.
- We inform individuals and their families about the importance of breastfeeding during the preconception and prenatal period.
- We encourage parents and their families to hold and feed their babies using safe skin-to-skin.
- We support parents and their families to feed their babies breast milk only for the first six months and to continue to breastfeed, with solid foods, up to two years and beyond.
- We work with our community partners to support breastfeeding in the City of Toronto.
- We do not give out infant formula, bottles, nipples, or pacifiers.
- We welcome parents to breastfeed anytime anywhere on City of Toronto property and other locations where we provide service.
This information has been translated in the following languages: