If you have a City of Toronto-related human rights, harassment or accommodation concern and City management or Human Resources have not been able to address the issue, you may call the City’s Human Rights Office at 416-392-8383 or email humanrights@toronto.cafor confidential advice and information about your rights and complaints resolution options.

You can submit a concern to the Human Rights Office using our confidential secure online complaint form.
Human Rights Complaint Form

Is the City’s Human Rights Office Able to Help You?

The City of Toronto’s Human Rights Office provides advice, information and assistance regarding human rights and accommodation issues involving City of Toronto employment, job applications, services, facilities, housing and contracts.  The City’s Human Rights Office also advises City employees on workplace harassment concerns.

If you are unsure whether or not your human rights, accommodation or workplace harassment concern involves the City of Toronto you may call the Human Rights Office at 416-392-8383 or email humanrights@toronto.ca.

The Human Rights Office has no jurisdiction over Toronto City Council, its committees, Members of Local Boards, or over the City’s various Agencies and Corporations (e.g., the Toronto Transit Commission, Toronto Police Services, Toronto Community Housing etc.)

For complaints concerning Toronto City Council, Committee members or Members of a Local Board please call the Integrity Commissioner at 416-392-3826.  If your complaint concerns one of the City’s Agencies or Corporations you may call 311 for contact information so that you can file a complaint directly with the organization.

If you have a human rights complaint involving a non-City employer or business, you may call the Human Rights Legal Support Centre at 416-597-4900.

If you have a workplace harassment or workplace sexual harassment complaint involving a non-City employer, please report the incidents to your employer and/or consult your union.  To notify the Ministry of Labour of an incident, please call their Health & Safety Contact Centre at 1-877-202-0008.

If you have a human rights complaint regarding employment that is within federal jurisdiction (eg., discriminatory treatment by a bank or telecommunications company), you may call the Canadian Human Rights Commission at 1-888-214-1090.