Arena Boards of Management Budget
Arenas Boards of Management are eight Board-managed arenas that offer use of ice (i.e. hockey, figure skating), programming, and pleasure skating to the community. Some arenas also offer dry floor rentals (i.e. floor hockey) in the summer. These services are complemented with snack bars, pro-shops, and meeting room rentals at some locations. The Arena Boards of Management have stewardship over 11 ice rinks, including four that offer year-round ice rentals.
Download the detailed Budget Analyst Notes for Arenas Boards of Management. You can also review budget highlights below.
Arena Boards of Management provide safe, full and equitable access to high-quality indoor ice sport recreation facilities that are managed effectively and efficiently to provide opportunities for physical fitness and sport skill development through individual and team activities in response to local community needs
Download the Arena Boards of Management Program Map to better understand the services and activities the Arena Boards of Management delivers.
The total cost to deliver these services to Toronto residents is $9.8 million.
- 157.8% Budget decrease over the 2018 Approved Net Operating Budget to maintain existing service levels and meet additional service demands.
- 2020/2021 Decreases due to projected revenue increases from market rate user fee changes as well as additional attendance in programming.
- Meet rising demand for ice-time in the City of Toronto.
- Stay competitive in comparison to newer arenas in neighbouring 905 communities that have modern facilities, more available ice-time, and far better customer amenities to serve arena users.
- Evaluate current state of Toronto arenas and develop a strategy to increase access to ice-time.
Briefing Notes & Staff Reports
Find more information on specific City issues, opportunities and challenges in the briefing notes and reports prepared by City staff. Documents will be posted as they become available.
Presentations made to committee and City Council provide an overview of the 2019 City budget. Documents will be posted as they become available.