Strategies and reports developed with input from the business community and other key stakeholders to facilitate economic growth and job creation in Toronto.
- Collaborating for Competitiveness (2013) is the City’s strategic plan to foster the creation of sustainable economic growth and job creation in Toronto. The strategic plan outlines specific action items to advance the city’s prosperity, opportunity and liveability. See background information.
- Framework for a Smarter Toronto: A Call for Collaborative Action (2017) report is part of the Smart Cities Initiatives. Developed by the Toronto Region Board of Trade with input from stakeholders in the private, academic and non-profit sectors, as well as City of Toronto staff, the report looks at how smart solutions can be used to deliver city services. See background information.
- From Concept to Commercialization: A Startup Eco-system Strategy for the City of Toronto (2017) provides a strategic framework to enable the sustained growth of Toronto’s startup eco-system and small businesses. See background information.
- Black-led Businesses In Toronto: Building Opportunities for Growth and Prosperity (2015) presents recommendations on how the City of Toronto can help Toronto’s Black-led businesses prosper and grow.
- Small Business Taxation: Discussion Paper (2015) identifies the challenges that small businesses face with respect to property taxes in Toronto, and highlights personal stories of how property taxes impact these businesses.