Culture & the Creative Economy
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Reports focused on supporting and growing Toronto’s creative economy, developed with input from culture sector stakeholders.
- King-Spadina Cultural Spaces Retention Study (2017) explores the challenges and opportunities for retaining and supporting cultural spaces in an area with one of the highest concentrations of culture sector employment in the city.
- Spotlight on Toronto: A Strategic Action Plan for the Film, Television and Digital Media Industry (2017) recommends a number of actions across five strategic growth areas to strengthen Toronto’s competitive advantage in this industry. See background information.
- Toronto Music Strategy: Supporting and Growing the City’s Music Sector (2016). Created by the Toronto Music Advisory Council with input from sector stakeholders and Toronto residents. See background information.
- Making Space for Culture (2014) is a long-term planning project that builds on the first recommendation made in Creative Capital Gains. See background information.
- Creative Capital Gains (2011) presents six recommendations and 33 specific action items to strengthen Toronto’s economy and enhance our place as a leading international cultural centre. See background information.