Funding Submissions, Directives & Bulletins
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Annual Business Case Submissions
Each agency receiving funding from the City for shelters is required to complete the Annual Funding (Budget) Submission.
During the year, an agency may require and/or request an in-year adjustment (change) in their operating agreement related to their funding and/or the program delivery model/services for a number of reasons. In this instance, an agency will need to complete and submit a Business Case. The purpose of the Business Case is to provide a coordinated and consistent approach to the request for additional financial assistance. The Business Case process may be used to document a request for an increase in funding, a request for special financial assistance/consideration or one-time financial assistance.
Please call your Agency Review Officer for a copy of the Business Case Submission Guidebook and forms.
Annual Funding Submissions
- 2017 Annual Funding Submission Letter
- 2017 Funding Submission Guidebook
- 2017 Funding Submission Template
- 2016 Audited Statement of Shelter Operations Template
Directives and Bulletins
Toronto Shelter Directive
These are are issued when specific actions are required by shelter providers under the authority of the Operating Agreement, Shelter Standards and any other applicable law.
Directives are also used to provide clarification regarding a particular shelter standard, or to issue an interim standard before it is formally consolidated into the Shelter Standards document.
These are issued to share information.
Bulletins are used to provide general updates about the shelter system, notice of consultation, notice of funding, notice of events, sharing of resources (e.g., draft policies), etc.
- NEW Bulletin 2018-03 Update on invasive Group A Streptococcus outbreak at Seaton House
- Bulletin 2018-02 Bridging Grant Program Now Accepting Referrals
- Bulletin 2018-01 2018 Cold Weather Communication
- Bulletin 2017-12 Homeless Support Service Request During the Cold Weather Season
- Bulletin 2017-11 SMIS Enhancement: Referrals, queue administration & service demand reporting
- Bulletin 2017-10 2017/2018 Cold Weather Season Communication
- Bulletin 2017-09 H2H Pilot End/Wrap-up Communication
- Bulletin 2017-08 Complaints Website and Form
- Bulletin 2017-07 Shelter Space Analysis Project
- Bulletin 2017-06 TSS Implementation Period Complete
- Bulletin 2017-05 Toronto Fire Services Inspections
- Bulletin 2017-04 Access to Shelter for Undocumented Clients
- Bulletin 2017-03 HPS Funding for Shelter Providers: Training Reimbursement
- Bulletin 2017-02 Discontinued Extreme Weather Alert Stipend
- Bulletin 2017-01 Update on Toronto Public Health Tracking of Homeless Deaths
- Bulletin 2016-11 TSS Implementation: Document Review Process
- Bulletin 2016-10 Accessibility Audit
- Bulletin 2016-02: Role of Central Intake and Streets to Homes Assessment and Referral Centre