- Leading technologies that support the operation of Canada’s largest municipality
- Five IT sections that support the work of 44 divisions
- Diverse training and mentoring options
- Collaborative work culture
- Excellent pay and benefits
Working for the City of Toronto give you the opportunity to make an impact like nowhere else. Work behind the scenes with us to support the services and programs that make Toronto a great place for residents, businesses and visitors.
Our diverse IT projects will expose you to new and exciting things every day. You will have opportunities to share your knowledge and learn from colleagues who have diverse backgrounds and experience in all areas of the City.
All of this comes with being a part of a collaborative, inclusive workplace culture that rewards and recognizes each individual’s experiences, strengths and talents. We’ll further support your personal and professional growth through training and mentorship programs.
When you join the City, you can take advantage of the following
- Competitive pay (on par with private sector)
- Life and disability insurance
- 100 per cent employer-paid health, vision and dental benefits, including family coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
Work and time off
- Flexible work hours
- 35-hour work week
- Extended personal leave options
- Maternity, parental and adoptive parent leave with top-up payments
- Three weeks vacation, sick and personal days
- Discounted TTC passes
- Organized social events
- Employee special interest groups
- Employee awards
- Community involvement
- Tuition reimbursement
Grow Your Skills, Knowledge & Career
With diverse and challenging projects, there’s no limit to what you can achieve at the City of Toronto. Our open and collaborative workplace culture means there is always someone willing to help and mentor you as you continue to develop your skills and knowledge.
We offer the following programs to prepare you for a career at the City:
- Co-op placements and internships: paid work assignments of four to six months (co-op) or 12 to 16 months (internship) that are directly related to your academic program. Visit your school’s co-op/internship office for details.
- Summer employment: paid positions during peak seasonal periods that can complement your academic training, provide on-the-job learning and offer an insight into a career at the City.
Contribute to a Better Toronto
We provide effective shared services that deliver innovative IT business solutions, and a secure, reliable and dependable IT infrastructure to support the delivery of City programs and services.
What does this mean for your career? It means exposure to a variety of projects that will challenge your skills and knowledge in new and exciting ways.
Below is a sample of the exciting work we’re doing:
- Building a citizen-centric and service-oriented website
- Implementing an Innovation Lab to help incubate new ideas
- Implementing an Enterprise e-Learning Solution
- Developing an Enterprise Work Management Solution
- Implementing an Enterprise Collaboration Foundation Platform
- Implementing a new e-Recruitment and Talent Management Solution
- Developing an Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy and Framework
- Developing and Sustaining Common Components (payment, authentication, distribution, etc.)
- Developing and modernizing online services
Take Your IT Career to the Next Level
There’s never been a better time to join the Information & Technology Division.
We’re working with leading technologies and concepts to create solutions that are recognized by municipalities across the country. This is your opportunity to contribute to interesting and challenging projects that directly impact your community.
In addition to supporting the infrastructure behind the City’s programs and services, we’re developing and optimizing key enterprise solutions that will improve the lives of residents across Toronto.
Our vision for the future includes revamping the City’s website and building an eCity that provides anytime, anywhere access to government services. Join us and play your part in making Toronto a better place to live and work.
Learn more about the City from the people that work here:
Enterprise Solutions Delivery
We’re blessed to have a supportive management team that allows staff to engage in learning and development opportunities in order to grow as people and professionals.
Chad, Senior Systems Integrator
Project Management Office
There are numerous opportunities for acquiring new skill sets. Someone can start at the City as a programmer and become a project manager or an administrative director… even CIO.
David, Project Manager
Everyone tries to work with each other, so you get to know them, and it creates a close, family-like environment.
Eric, Senior Systems Integrator
Strategic Planning, Policy & Standards
There’s a strong new focus within the IT division on talent management, skills development, leadership development, on making sure people are supported in their careers.
Project Management Office
“If you’re just starting out in your IT career, there are so many areas you can go into in corporate IT – project management, application services, web services, geospatial, strategic planning, enterprise architecture, IT training, server and support administration, network management, voice and wireless, client support … so many different areas.”
Jennifer, Project Manager
Web Competency Centre
It’s fun, it’s really challenging. You have the chance to work on a lot of interesting projects. There’s something new every week.
Joseph, Senior Designer
Technology Infrastructure Services
I had been in the private sector for a while, but I wanted to be involved in an organization that gives back to the public, and has an impact on people and not just on the bottom line.
Mark, Senior Technical Support Specialist
Server & Storage Solutions
There are so many people who have so many years put into the City, which you often don’t see in the private sector, and being able to work alongside those people with that kind of experience is priceless.
Rheana, Operations Support Analyst
Business Enablement & Client Services
The City is a very complex environment and I get exposure to such a broad range of other areas – both IT and business lines, such as water services, solid waste management and emergency services.
Rukmini, CRM Specialist