Transition to SAP Ariba
|SAP Ariba Functionality||*Dates are subject to change.|
|Contract Management Module functionality:
|Supplier Performance Management functionality that allows for:
For Solicitations posted on the SAP Ariba Network:
- The look and layout of the Solicitation will change. The design changes are user-friendly.
- A mock tender is currently available for suppliers to practice logging into the system and submitting a bid.
- No fees will be charged to participate in the Solicitation.
- You can download and print the Solicitation, but bids and proposals must be submitted electronically.
- The City will not hold Public Openings for those Solicitations.
For Solicitations posted on the City’s existing Online Call Document System:
- A fee will continue to be charged to purchase these Solicitations.
- Responses (bids or proposals) to the Solicitations must still be received physically at the location noted in the Solicitation (18th Floor West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto).
- Public Openings will continue for these Solicitations.
Since November 2018 the City of Toronto has been phasing in the roll-out of the SAP Ariba Sourcing module.
This roll out has meant that some of the City of Toronto Solicitations (Request for Expressions of Interest (REOIs), Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Supplier Pre-qualification (RFSQ), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Request for Tenders (RFTs)) has been posted on the existing Online Call Document System and other Solicitations have been posted electronically through the SAP Ariba Discovery Portal.
For those Solicitations posted through SAP Ariba, Suppliers have been submitting their bids and proposals directly in SAP Ariba and not submitting a physical copy to the City of Toronto.
Starting September 1st, all Solicitations will be hosted on the SAP Ariba Discovery portal. Suppliers will have to submit their bids and proposals directly into SAP Ariba.
The City’s Notice of Intended Procurement document will continue to be posted on the City of Toronto Online Call Document page. Suppliers will continue to get notifications from the Online Call Document System when a Notice of Intended Procurement is posted. The Notice of Intended Procurement will direct Suppliers to the appropriate link in the SAP Ariba Discovery Portal.
Other important information to consider leading up to September 1st.
- In order to receive notifications on Solicitations you are interested in a supplier should register with the City of Toronto SAP Ariba registration link.
- Suppliers are strongly encouraged to list commodity of interest and region supplied in your profile as instructed in the registration process.
- Questions about a specific Solicitation can only be posed in SAP Ariba.
- Addenda to a specific Solicitation will only be posted in SAP Ariba.
- All bids and proposals, except when identified otherwise, must be submitted electronically.
- Agreements with suppliers will be executed and signed electronically, except when otherwise stated.
- After September 1st there will no longer be any Public Openings.
- Procurement transactions will be paperless, and all bids must be submitted electronically.