City Information Management Policies and Legislation
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The following resources are used to support the City’s information management program.
The contents of the library are available for use and we ask that you acknowledge the City as a source if you use our documents created in-house to develop policies, procedures and standards.
- Cloud Computing Framework
- Councillor’s Guide to Access and Privacy
- Law Enforcement Request for Personal Information Procedures
- Law Enforcement Request for Personal Information – Form
- Privacy Impact Assessment Policy
- Protection of Accountability Officers’ Information Directive
- Protection of Elected Officials’ Information Directive
- Protect Personal Information Privacy Tips
- Protecting Privacy on the Job Video
- What You Need to Know When Collecting Personal Information (web version)
- What You Need to Know When Collecting Personal Information
- Information Management Accountability Policy
- Information Management Framework
- Information Management Guideline – Responsibilities for New, Transferring, and Exiting Employees, and their Supervisors and Managers
- Information Management Standard – Common Data Elements for City Forms
- Information Management Standard – Creating and Managing Digitized Records
- Descriptive Metadata Standard
- Records Metadata Standard
- Responsible Record Keeping Directive
- Responsible Record Keeping Guideline