Colborne Lodge, the 1837 home of High Park founders, John and Jemima Howard is located at the south end of the park. The Lodge is restored as it was when John and Jemima lived in it and contains many of their 19th-century furnishings.

John Howard’s watercolours of early Toronto, along with the Howards’ household tools and furnishings, are excellent resources for student learning. Howard’s map of High Park provides evidence of the First Nations peoples who fished, hunted and gathered food in the area. The landscape around Colborne Lodge and in High Park retains many of its geological and 19th-century landscape features.

To book a school trip to Colborne Lodge, please contact the museum directly:

11 Colborne Lodge Drive
clodge@toronto.ca
416-392-6916